Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

forced to be a mamas boy.

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:17 AM
  • 10 Replies
Me and my fiance are expecting, I'm thrilled. But you see we already have a child aka his mom, don't get me wrong I love the woman I really do but she is a child we have to take care of her and there is nothing wrong with her at all she just simply wont take care of herself and with me being pregnant it is really stressing me out. We are a young couple, and I wish we could have the experience of getting our own place and stuff like that, ik it stresses him out to that's why I don't say anything about it. We just bought our first little 2 bedroom home it has a perfect room for our new baby but unfortunately his mom and her boyfriend get to have it it kind of broke my heart because I was really looking forward to having a baby and the nursery and it just being us for a little while but it was taken from me and sometimes it really makes me want to cry it bothered me before I got pregnant but now with the hormones its alot worst
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DazeDelights
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this
No no no! You need to speak up now! There is no way in hell that her and her bf would be living with us. If there is nothing physically and mentally wrong with her then her and the loser need to find their own place before your baby is born
xomrs.chase
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Um, kick her ass out. Shes a grown woman
lil-mami
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:44 AM
That's how I feel but I don't want to make him feel like I don't care about his mom, ever since his dad died 7 years ago he completely feels obligated to take care of her he is really playing the parent, I've brought up the subject on some occasions but I think he gets irritated
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Have a talk with him. You may never get them out once they are in. You all are starting your own family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kerryket
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I'm sorry, but with a boyfriend to boot, sounds like she's taking advantage.
WillsMOM72
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM
You need to speak up now !! She and her boyfriend are taking advantage of y'all.
jenk928
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Nope. Wouldn't happen. If she has a bf then HE can take care of her. It is your fiance's job to take care of you and your soon to be baby.
rebeccasmly
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM

You need to speak up now. Its not right for her to just assume that room is hers. Your fiance needs to tell his  mom there is just not enough room in the house for everyone. He needs to be the one to tell her. Unless he sees no problem with mommy and her bf living with all. If he's ok with it, then he's not being forced to be a momma's boy and you have another whole set of issues.

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Let the boyfriend take care of her no need for her to move in.  If necessary, offer to give her money every month to help make ends meet.

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM

If there is absolutely nothing wrong with her, she would NOT be moving into my home (and if she had to, the boyfriend would have to find his own place) and yes I would make my husband choose.

I am in the process of begging my 84 yr old Dad to sell his place and move in with me but the old bugger is to set in his ways and says nope.  :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)