Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

My husband is driving me crazy!! Or am I the crazy one?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I just had a huge fight with my husband over a freaking book! A book!!!! He made our daughter grab a book and read, i have no problem with that. She was reading a book about the little mermaid, which he thought was too easy for her. Now here's my opinion on that book, it's a book!! Just let her enjoy it! Her teacher said to get her books that are at her reading level, now i do admit this book is a bit easy. But either way, just let her enjoy the darn book! He gets mad at me because he say's i always undermind him. Well sometimes he can be a real douche!!! That's why i have to put my 2 cents in! He proceeds to call me a moron and an idiot, at which point i loose it and tell him to ge the f ou! I grab some of his clothes and throw it out! Grab his laptop charger and throw it out. Needless to say he didnt leave, but his opinion of me is that i should keep my f mouth shut. That i have no say in anything, that all i do is take care of our 2 girls. Apparently im worthless, and i wouldnt last one week without him. He's so wrong, and he can kiss my ass aswell! Wooosaahhhhh!!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoch86
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Woooosssaaaahhhh! Lol *giggling to myself* I swear i feeling like im the only one who uses that  "word" everyone looks at me like I'm crazy  when I do.. Hehe

but yah.. The hubs was being a douche! Lol

cookierode
by New Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Hang in there momma. One of the only problems in my relationship is parenting differences. communication is key. Its hard, when youre up against a brick wall though. •Hugs•
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 5:44 AM

so why do you stay with someone like that who can drag you down, and then allow your kids to see  someone drag you down too?  makes no sense to me why someone wants to stay miserable. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Wooooosaahhhhhh! After my little rant i feel better already lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM

For the record, sometimes it is good for a child to read "below level" simply for the enjoyment of it.  It helps to solidify the idea that it is pleasureable and not always "work".

That being said, confronting anyone while he they are knee deep in a rant probably isn't the most constructive way to make your point heard.  If your child witnessed this whole intereactino she is going to feel responsible for whatever happens.  If he had left, she would forever be convinced that it was her fault for him leaving because she didn't read the "right" book...that would probably have forever ruined any pleasure she would have from the skill.

jazzgirl205
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this

You say you put in your 2 cents.  Not in front of the kids I hope.  Does all that yelling take place in front of them?  The profanity and throwing things?  Keep silent while that is going on then talk to him in private.  He may have a good reason.  Also when you speak to him in private, he can then apologize to the child for overreacting yet still save face.  Let him parent his child without butting in all the time.  If you speak to him in private, you can slowly gentle his parenting style.   Under no circumstances call him out in front of the kids.  It will erode his authority and single you out as the pushover.  The kids will quickly learn to play you against each other.

BoogaBooBaby
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

so why do you stay with someone like that who can drag you down, and then allow your kids to see  someone drag you down too?  makes no sense to me why someone wants to stay miserable. 

I agree, I was in a relationship like that a few years ago and I thank GOD I got out of that... You deserve so much better

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I'm with you, she has to really enjoy what she's reading and will work up to harder books. Ask him to read her a few pages so she gets interested, and then she can read aloud to him. The name calling is ridiculous. Get some counseling and learn how to fight fair.

catrig
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

O.o  If he wanted her to read a certain type of book he should have grabbed two or three for her to choose from.

CotterpinDoozer
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I hope your child doesn't see you two behaving this way. If he wanted her to read another book, he should have let her finish that one, given her praise for reading it, and picked the next one and encouraged her to read another one.

AV made by NiamhWitch

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)