Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Just have to get it out :/

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I quit smoking about 2 months before I found out I was pregnant and haven't had a cigarette since.  Lately it's getting really hard to not have one though!  Idk if it's being outside more with the nice weather or the stress of everything going on but it's driving me crazy to not have a smoke :(  I have not given in yet, nor do I want to give in since I don't want to hurt my son for my own desires but every time I smell a cigarette it makes me about nuts wanting a drag :/  I'm going to stay strong for my little boy!!

Any advice as to how to make it easier or why it could all of a sudden be so difficult?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Replies (11-11):
muchlovedby4
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM
For some people, like myself, it's not the nicotine- it's an oral fascination. (Sounds like bs, i know. But i swear it's true. I've quit 3 times for pregnancy and never had a craving.)

Try keeping a small bag of healthy snacks around. When the craving hits, munch a carrot stick or a piece of celery or a cracker. Take your time and really savor the flavor. My uncle swears that and chewing gum is what got him thru.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)