Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

New here

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:41 AM
  • 6 Replies
So I'm new here, new to being a mom and new to my town. I'm 19 and just had my first child- Mariah (6weeks old.) she is such a joy and I love being a mom. I moved to California 7 months pregnant leaving my whole life in Arizona, I didn't think it'd be hard I'd be with all my family but the longer I am here the more depressed I become. I miss my life, my friends everything. Don't get me wrong i would not change anything about my daughter, and by no means do I regret having her, but it's hard. Having no friends no one to vent to except my mom, and it's even harder when my boyfriend (Mariah's father) acts like a complete ass 90% of the time. He is such a child, he acts as if the world owes him something because he breathes. If he gets told no he practically throws a fit. I love him, but sense our daughter got here he makes it hard to. I need someone to talk to, give me advice or just here me out but living in a town where you know no body but your family I don't have that.
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Congrats on your new little girl!  :)

Quoting emabear09:

So I'm new here, new to being a mom and new to my town. I'm 19 and just had my first child- Mariah (6weeks old.) she is such a joy and I love being a mom. I moved to California 7 months pregnant leaving my whole life in Arizona, I didn't think it'd be hard I'd be with all my family but the longer I am here the more depressed I become. I miss my life, my friends everything. Don't get me wrong i would not change anything about my daughter, and by no means do I regret having her, but it's hard. Having no friends no one to vent to except my mom, and it's even harder when my boyfriend (Mariah's father) acts like a complete ass 90% of the time. He is such a child, he acts as if the world owes him something because he breathes. If he gets told no he practically throws a fit. I love him, but sense our daughter got here he makes it hard to. I need someone to talk to, give me advice or just here me out but living in a town where you know no body but your family I don't have that.

PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I was in your exact same position two years ago. Well, except for the moving part. That didn't happen until a little later. I wish I could tell you that it gets a lot easier, but, in my experience, it doesn't. But you learn how to live for yourself and your daughter and find some kind of happiness there. You're a strong mama to do be able to do it yourself so far away from family and friends. The best thing I ever did was apply for a federal grant by filling out a FAFSA and starting college right after my son was born. It's hard, but when you have something to work for and fill up the time with, everything else bothers you less. If you ever need to talk or vent or anything, you can send me a message and I will do my best to help you. Good luck with everything!

MzShorty787
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM
I hope it gets better sweetie, GL. Sorry ur bf is such a douche sounds to me like maybe u can do better.
catrig
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Welcome to the group!

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on May. 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Welcome, I hope things get better for you.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 6, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Welcome to the group and congratulations on your baby girl! So sorry your boyfriend still hasn't learned how to grow up yet. ((HUGS))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)