Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Am I being stupid?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I am not in a good mood this morning. No matter hwo hard I try nto to be...I am.

So.....husband goes fishing last night with his brother-my SIL decides to go...abandoning the dinner she has cooking on the stove and hauls ass into the truck. I don't think her DH knew because my BIL response was "Does Dh know? You know he's gonna be mad?" clearly she didnt give a fuck. So I was pissed about that...because going back...

when I told DH his brother said he was planning on going fishing, I had already expressed an interest in going with him. Well when the plans were made, he asks his sister to go instead of me. I called him out on it in front of her and called him a dick.

She was like "well I'm his sister" giving me that blood is thicker then water bullshit. I'm like "I'm the wife. I trump you. My KIDS trump you."

so whn she left that pissed me off more because of everything else (sounding stupid yet lol) so I'm thinking this is going ot be a three hour fishing trip. nope.

Eight hours. They didnt come home until after four and by the time he came to bed it was five and the sun was coming up. I gave everybody attitude when I found out they were home. My mian reason for being pissed is-when I woke up it was ten minutes till two. sil DH was up and I asked him if they had called. He said the last text he got from SIL was at 12:48 am when he asked if hed be home soon and she was like they were spending the night. He was pissed off his self. I was pissed because Dh knows better then to not call me and let me know whats going on.

I always give him that respect-though mind ou i dont stay gone out somewhere for eight hours. fishing, clubbing or whatever. its just not that fucking serious to be out that late. i got kids. i need sleep.

im also pissed because for the last couple days DH and SIl have been out gone for two to three hours, running errands or whatever while im home with all six of the kids (three or theirs three our ours). BIL works third shift so he sleeps during the day before work. I'm pregnant and am very tired. I have no energy but i keep doing the best that i can. before they left to go fishing, they were gone for two and half hours at walmart. werent even home for thirty mins before they left again.

i am so fucking mad.

i want a break too. but i also have enough respect to not stay out that late. i was up real late putting our kids to bed-two of which were not feeling good at all.

I feel stupid for being mad about it. but damn. i just dont understand why they had to be gone for eight hours on top of what they were already gone for and the fact that ive been here the last couple of days with the kids tired as fuck.

am i just being stupid? i know pregnancy makes your hormones out of whack and shit. and i hate that. cause you always seem moodier esp over the small issues. i dunno. im so pissed. theyre sleeping atm its almost 11am. i just want to leave the house for a few hours and get a breather before i nut the fuck up on everyone.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on May. 5, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

That would upset me. Especially the way his sister was acting. When they all wake up tell your DH you are going out and take a break. 

AuntieM
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Wake one of them up and tell them you're leaving and they have to watch the kids. Then leave. And stay gone for a while.
psych_mom
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I would get ready to leave, wake dh and his sister up and tell them bye and walk out the door. You sound like you just need some time to relax just a little and they aren't giving you that. Why are they always together? Why isn't he having her stay with the kids any while you two do something together?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM

He hasn't seen his sister or his brother (their his half younger siblings) in awhile. We;ve been keeping in contact via facebook, phone, skype, etc. So I understand wanting to spend time with your family (we're living with SIL. Her and her Dh gave us the entire upstairs that no one was using). I stress that an I am for it. But there is a such thing as too much.

We just had a big argument like five minutes ago.  He was like "You knew I was going so whats the problem!" The problem was when I asked him how long he said about three hours. He gives me some shit about how when you're catfishing it takes a long time and plenty of people stay out that late.

I find this to be bullshit-even if it is true because he's been catfishing before and never stayed gone for EIGHT hours three at the most. I get that he wanted to spend time with family but I told him I am repeatedly being pushed out. Then he told me I was jealous and I got pissed even more because he told me his sister said that I was jealous of them.

The fuck I am! How do you flatter yourself to say that! I'm not jealous I just want some alone time with my family too. And He doenst want to leave our kids there so we can spend some time together so its what the fuck ever to me.

I just told him fuck it. Excuse me for not knowing how people fish and shit.

I have never stayed out that long for anything. And I told him his excuses for not calling and letting me know whats going on wasnt going to fly. Because everyone had a phone out there (found out there werem ore people there) and SIL Dh had a phone and was up late last night. NO excuse.

So I told him-fine fuck it. Go fishing and stay gone for eight hours hell for twelve I dont give a fuck.

He's doing low blows and talking shit about how I dont do anything but I'm sitting here putting in resumes for you-got him a fucking job from doing it-and you wanna talk shit. kiss my black fucking ass.

I'm so over it man. just had to vent

AuntieM
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM
But you are jealous. And I don't blame you. You're jealous of the fact that he's spending all this time with his sister and very little to none with you. You're jealous of the fact that you get no time to yourself but he and his sister do. Completely understandable. Now you just have to TAKE some time for yourself and see how he likes not having a choice.
catrig
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM

First off I understand what your are upset about, but being out late every once in a while is not a federal issue.  It's just not that serious.  The fact that they are using you for babysitting, and not letting you know what's going on, on-top of a tremendous amount of disrespect is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it. I wouldnt have made a big deal about him being out late if this wasn't something that happens  a good bit of the time-maybe not all the time but enough for me to complain about it. I'm sorry-eight hours still is too long. The very few times I've been out, I never stayed gone that long. I'm still aware that I have children at home-small children in fact so I'm not going to leave them for eight hours.

And heknows just as well as I do that if it would have been me he would have made a huge deal out of it too.

All that staying out late like that I feel can wait until the children are a little older and we  feel more comfortable leaving them with realitives or when they're grown and out the house. i want him to be able to have a break to but to do it responsibly. He still doesn't think he did anything wrong so its whatever. Moreso, I'm pissed that I didn't get a phone call. I told him there was no excuse. too many people out there with a phone.

I did go and have some time for myself and then I went and took a long nap. I wouldn't talk to anyone and when I did everyone just wanted to kiss ass.

I am going to look into some form of group or some type of craft activity to keep me busy and try to find a playdate thing for my kids.  Do something for myself. Thanks again ladies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN