Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Does anyone else work the night shift?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:56 AM
  • 9 Replies

If you do, do you feel my pain? I opted for the night shift because the days were HELL, and the nights are much more laid back. BUT I feel like I am still missing out on my family time because I sleep during the day. I feel somewhat lonely because I am the only one up all night on my days off. DF goes to bed around 11 and DS goes to bed at 8. The days were much worse though, I would leave for work at 3:45 am and get home around 6 pm. On the night shift I go in at 5pm and get off around 4:45 am and it's only 3 nights a week. Boom. But I just get lonely being the only person awake lol.going crazy

by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM
I worked a 9pm-5am shift for years... I only averaged 2-3hours of sleep. I was a zombie on holidays and my DH loved taking all of us out for the day on weekends so it sucked. but yeah I missed holidays with day shift. so I took the zombie shift.
SexyDiva19
by New Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:07 AM
I work overnights as well. I work from 9pm-6am because my 2nd job starts at 9am. It is hard but I get it done somehow. I get about 3 hours a day of sleep a day between my both jobs.
luvkaden07
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I worked a 9pm-5am shift for years... I only averaged 2-3hours of sleep. I was a zombie on holidays and my DH loved taking all of us out for the day on weekends so it sucked. but yeah I missed holidays with day shift. so I took the zombie shift.

I definitely feel like a zombie!

psych_mom
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Ugh... my husband did 11-9 shifts 4 nights a week for several years and he was always sleep deprived. I couldn't do it. I am not a night person.

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on May. 6, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I do it right now 7p-7a 2 nights a week. Some days I get sleep, others I am a zombie. It works for right now keeping DS out of daycare.

MooseMomma
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I currently work 32 hrs a week overnight. Sometimes its 11p-7a sometimes 7p-7a. I've always been a night owl.
woodswalker
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I work 930 pm to 6 am.   5 days a week

katydid150
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:50 AM

I do 42 hours a week overnight over the course of three nights.  

I'm always a zombie the first day off (nap a lot) and have to sleep during the day when I'm working, but I'm spending more time with my family than I did working days.  I also switch to a day schedule when I'm off, makes for a caffeine rich life :)

luvkaden07
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Wee!! All caffeinated and ready to work!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN