Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth
My sister, whom I've always been extremely close with, got married this weekend. I wasn't invited. The day I found out she was engaged, I started planning her wedding shower. The shower was 2 weeks ago and was beautiful and very successful (and extremely expensive as she is both very important to me and she expected a lot from the shower). I had been keeping in touch with her about everything. We talked every single day about her upcoming wedding. His family just plain sucks and doesn't support the marriage because no one will ever be good enough for him. They have strongly voiced their opinions about not liking my sister for reasons that are not true (like she dresses slutty. She's actually very conservative). They chose not to invite his parents or sisters because of this. However- because of this, my sister told me 3 days before the wedding that I was also not invited because they wanted to make it fair and not alienate him from his family... My mom and stepdad were able to go, and did. My sister sees nothing wrong with this, but I am incredibly hurt by this. Her wedding has come and gone and nothing will change the fact that I wasn't there. Are my feelings about this valid?
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Replies (51-58):
HappyMommyToo
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Yes you do.
N_maricle
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I would be crushed if my sister did that.

ready4happiness
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I don't blame you. You have every right to be hurt and angry. You threw her a beautiful shower just to be uninvited to the wedding. That is horrific and very ignorant of her. You need to let her know just how hurt you are. That is a day that can never be replaced.
aj_mom
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I would be upset and hurt also.

l0nely
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:19 PM

yep. that's dumb

Diane1223
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Yes, I would be mad, too :(

LoveNaCupcake
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I'd be extremely hurt =( that isn't right.

lageise
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Especially after you threw her a shower.  How would his family know if you did or did not go to their wedding?  If they were not invited.  Did his family do anything to help with or support this wedding like you did?  I don't blame you for being upset. I would be too.

Quoting Ayshren:

You have every right to be upset! That was just so wrong of her:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)