Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

just when it was going good

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
ust when I thought everything was going good everything falls through. The man I am in love with gets arrested on warrants he didn't know he had and now were hoping he doesn't get years in prison. And I don't have the money for his bond to get him out until he goes to court. Plus also I might be pregnant by him but its too early to tell and I already am raising two toddlers single handed. Don't get me wrong if he goes in for a few years I will wait for him, but we were trying to start a new life and now it might be set back a few years. What do I do?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2013 at 1:45 AM

How could he not know he has warrants especially if they are serious enough to put him away for years?  Cut your loss and move on. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 2:03 AM
His attorney was suppose to let him know everytime he had a court coming up and they sd he has a fta. And last he knew everything was fine and he had no warrants
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 6, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Do you seriously want to be with a guy with a record? I mean, think about your childrens future and the example thats being set for them. I know people make mistakes, but come on if its going to put him away for YEARS, it must have been something pretty serious.

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on May. 6, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Check into legal aid attorneys and see what they can do.

AuntieM
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM
The COURT should have notified him of any dates he needed to appear. What did he do to begin with that made him have to go to court? Was it a felony or just something small?

I get wanting to stand by him and wait for him if he does go to prison. Been there, done that. But be aware, that is not an easy life. Especially with kids. Not all guys with a record are bad people, everyone screws up and most deserve a second chance at a good life.

I would be able to give more input if I knew the back story on this. Like what is the original offense? Is he a repeat offender?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 6, 2013 at 11:37 AM

The courts will send the dates to the person. Once they don't show up for the dates..yes a warrant is put out on them. Was he on probation? Did he need to see a probation officer? What types of offense are they? Minor ones or major?

Being with someone in the prison system or jail system is not easy. How lnog have you known him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM
He is fighting the charges because a couple of his associates at the time robbed a conveint store and he picked them up and gave them a ride. Charges are engaged in orginaized criminal activity. He didn't know they they had robbed someone when he picked them up and now he's living with the consquences. And Ihave known for a while. And no he's not a repeat offender. It was one mistake. And according to his attorney they sent him something but he never received the letter. And his attorney won't do anything until he's transfered to the county it was commited in.
momto3B
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I am sorry, but you "think" but do not  know if you are  pregnant by a guy who did not "know" he was picking up friends who who just robbed a store? Nor did he "know" he had warrants pending? 

Is there anything you two do "know" ?

anotherhalf
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:33 PM

If he has an attorney that he is not receiving communications from, it is his responsibility to call him/her to make sure that everything is going well.  He sounds very irresponsible to just think everything was done without his attorney specifically telling him so.  Personally, I wouldn't stay with someone who isn't smart enough to take care of his business and no way in hell would I be with a felon.

metalmomma86
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Bullshit. How do you not know you have warrants? He may not have wanted you to know, but he knew..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN