Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Can Husbands have female best friends and go out solo with them?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:59 PM
  • 108 Replies
1 mom liked this

In a nutshell; Here is my situation. 

We have been married almost a year. We met at age 15 in the debate club. Everyone was friends in the group. We never dated at that time. We found each other in our twenties start dating and three years later married with child number two on the way.

My husband has a female friend name (Susan) who was in the debate program with us. There friendship has always been close. They went to each others prom. She calls him her bestie. She is also married (Currently going through a divorce) Recently she attended our baby shower. Me and her keep in contact. Just mom talk. I have no personal problems with and I see her as a friend. Our children even have play dates. Usually my husband takes my son to her house for the play dates; since I'm pregnant it gives me a break. (i'm a SAHM) 

She attended my babyshower. We even talk then. The day after our baby shower; she texted my husband asking him if he wanted to go to the movies with her. He told me about the text. (He was at work at the time) The movie started at 2:40pm. I said no problem. You can go. I trust him and I know her. 

As I was browsing facebook (He left at 2:30) 15 minutes after he left she post on her fb status at 2:45pm "I Feel Sexy." 

It rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe the timing knowing she was with my husband. He came home. Didn't say anything about the movie. Didn't take a shower. He brought me home some food. He got in about 6. The movie was 2 hrs long. 

Now i'm questioning if she sees my husband as more than just a friend because of what she is going through?

by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids365
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds to me like they are just friends and she is hurt right now. Maybe she wrote that post to make her soon to be ex mad or jealous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2013 at 12:06 AM
8 moms liked this

Not in this house. Hubby learned the hard way the ill effects on our marriage. "Friends" always get clingy. Maybe it's cool in some marriages-doesn't work in ours. We stick to same gender friends.

CharmMom1216
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I trust my husband. It just that facebook status update was bad timing. its like your  feeling sexy while your going out with my husband.

calsmom62
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Dh has female friends, but its been yrs since he socialized alone with them, usually they'd be over at the house or he was helping them with some project. Our marriage is for ever, so I'm not worried if he has a female friend, because its nothing romantic..
CherylAnne9
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:20 AM
2 moms liked this

He is just asking for trouble. There may be completely innocent feelings on his part...but that is not ok. I would never have told my husband ok for anyone no mater who they where. Its not healthy choice for a marriage. Personally I would share what she posted... the time line, ect and put it back in his lap...NICELY. Its cool that he did not hide the movie thing but that is just asking for trouble. 

JoeMegDansMommy
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Just from my experience with girls I would have to say no... We are married and he would have a fit if I went anywhere alone with a guy friend... I guess I have just been hurt by this type of thing before so I am caustious when it comes to this stuff... JMO though

cksmom
by New Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM
2 moms liked this

It might be innocent now, but I would be careful about him going out solo with her in the future....things happen.  She should be calling other friends to go to the movies with or maybe playdates should happen when you're around too.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2013 at 12:41 AM
2 moms liked this

you are pregnant and your hormones are getting to you.

I randomly post about feeling sexy if i feel sexy. She is hurting and going through a divorce. She probably randomly felt good about herself and posted it.

They are friends unless she is sending half naked pictures to hubby then just let them be friends.

CharmMom1216
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:46 AM

i can't blame on hormones and pregnancy. i'm not seeing shit. and I'm not spazzing or throwing fits. if i was hormonal i would have called him right than and there and told him to bring his ass back home. But I do trust him, and I dont want him to think he cant be upfront with me. He didn't hide it. Its just the combination of her the facebook message while she was with  my husband thats bothering me.

cksmom
by New Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:21 AM

It would bother me too and I'm not pregnant.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)