Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

My son is not the f*g reincarnation of yours!

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is not my goddamned brother reincarnated, and Im sorry if that makes me sound like a bitch. Im SO sick of my mother trying to ram my brother's personality and interests onto my second born, trying to push my firstborn into doing all the things my brother did. Im SO sick of hearing how much my second born reminds her of my brother.
I am NOT decorating my little guy's room in f*g SURFER crap that he has NO interest in, doesnt even know what surfing IS, just because thats what my brother liked. Her: 'Why dont you make it a surfer room?!'  Me: 'Because hes not a surfer.' Long pause. 'Not YET.' Can you freaking predict the future? Do you have a crystal ball to go along with the stupid psychic show you watched that gave you the idea that my brother's spirit was reincarnated into my son?

She finally had to give up (at least for the moment, we'll see how long it lasts) trying to ram the surfboard and skateboards and stunt bikes down my older son's throat because, ha ha, he HATES anything to do with riding on ANYTHING.

I miss my brother. I realize she misses him more, but Im tired of the guilt trips because Im not as sad as she is, and the stupid comments about how alike my brother and my little one are, the surprise when my little one doesnt share something with my brother-'Wow, (brother) didnt have curls like (little one)!' Um, why should he have? My son comes from me and my HUSBAND, not YOU, not my brother. My brother was a screw up, he made a thousand and one bad decisions and got himself killed because of yet one more bad choice. I DONT want my kids to be like he was. Share interests, sure, if thats what they want or who they are, but I dont want them to be like he was! And thats all she wants-is to make my little guy into her precious son who could do no wrong. No matter how much wrong he really did, because she made excuses for all of it.

Sorry this makes me sound so bitter and vicious but I cant say anything to her because, hey, Im not actually a bitch. So here it is, my vent from this morning. (sigh)

by on May. 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Replies (21-23):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 13, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry for your frustration.  Don't you LOVE having a place to say everything really would't say in person because like you said you're not really a bitch ~ but need to scream it somewhere so you don't explode?  

My mom used to think (when she was completely wasted of course) that my bf now my husband was her cousins (and her best friend) child that she gave up for adoption....she would get really drunk and see all these family resemblences and try to tie the birthdays together because one was born in sept one in october!  But you know they lie about dates on the birth certificates.  Used to drive me CRAZY!

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you two can work through this.

CatFishMom
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I do-especially when it comes to stuff about my mother. My poor husband gets so tired of hearing it. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so sorry for your frustration.  Don't you LOVE having a place to say everything really would't say in person because like you said you're not really a bitch ~ but need to scream it somewhere so you don't explode?  

My mom used to think (when she was completely wasted of course) that my bf now my husband was her cousins (and her best friend) child that she gave up for adoption....she would get really drunk and see all these family resemblences and try to tie the birthdays together because one was born in sept one in october!  But you know they lie about dates on the birth certificates.  Used to drive me CRAZY!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)