Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking her baby away?!!!

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:16 PM
  • 28 Replies

So, this girl I know on the internet is having a baby. She does have an eating disorder and apparently that is cause to have her baby boy taken away from her. She lives in Norway and according to her, they shouldn't be allowed to do that but they are doing it anyway. They are talking about not even letting her get to see him...period! I just do not think this is far at all. They won't even tell her WHY they are taking her baby. She was posting about how she suggested her mom and grandma as foster parents for her baby. I was absolutely livid. If they are taking her baby from her, shouldn't she at least get some time with the infant?! This seems extrememly unfair...and illegal.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

You only know her via the internet, so you really have no way to know if this is true. She may be setting up a scam to try to get money from you saying it is to help get the kid back and things like that...

JenniferMiller0
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Well, she is part of this group on facebook for mom's who either have an eating disorder or are in recovery. I had an eating disorder before I got pregnant and recovered during my pregnancy and am still in recovery. So I have known her via the internet for a while. She is not asking for money or anything like that. She is just seeking our prayers and pretty much venting about how she feels.

I do not think she is trying to scam anybody!

Quoting psych_mom:

You only know her via the internet, so you really have no way to know if this is true. She may be setting up a scam to try to get money from you saying it is to help get the kid back and things like that...

CafeMom Tickers
psych_mom
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Just wanting you to be careful is all.

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Well, she is part of this group on facebook for mom's who either have an eating disorder or are in recovery. I had an eating disorder before I got pregnant and recovered during my pregnancy and am still in recovery. So I have known her via the internet for a while. She is not asking for money or anything like that. She is just seeking our prayers and pretty much venting about how she feels.

Quoting psych_mom:

405mom
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately we live in a time when you can be lied on and have your children taken away, crackheads with child molesting husbands get to keep their children, kids are being expelled from school for having army men on their cupcakes, eating a poptart into the shape of a gun, or pointing bubble guns at other kids and grandparents sell their grandkids on facebook, smh. I am not surprised by this. 

JenniferMiller0
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I appreciate that! I just find it so unfair that she possibly won't get any time with her son. It's not like having an ED automatically makes you a horrible parent!

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting psych_mom:

CafeMom Tickers
JenniferMiller0
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, right? Sure, she lives in another country but still...you see, this is why I never mentioned my eating disorder to my OBGYN. I was afraid that it would give them cause to say I was a bad parent.

Quoting 405mom:

Unfortunately we live in a time when you can be lied on and have your children taken away, crackheads with child molesting husbands get to keep their children, kids are being expelled from school for having army men on their cupcakes, eating a poptart into the shape of a gun, or pointing bubble guns at other kids and grandparents sell their grandkids on facebook, smh. I am not surprised by this. 

CafeMom Tickers
psych_mom
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM

That is very true. While there are many issues that can cause one to have an ED, those issues can be worked through, and even those issues don't make one a bad mother either. Definitely very sad that they would do this.

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

I appreciate that! I just find it so unfair that she possibly won't get any time with her son. It's not like having an ED automatically makes you a horrible parent!

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting psych_mom:

Caera
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:56 PM

You only know her on the internet. 

That says everything I need to know.

anotherhalf
by on May. 15, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you are likely not getting the whole story.  I don't see how an ED alone would be detrimental to the baby now that he's born.  I think something else is happening.

JenniferMiller0
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:27 PM

That is a possibility.

Quoting anotherhalf:

I think you are likely not getting the whole story.  I don't see how an ED alone would be detrimental to the baby now that he's born.  I think something else is happening.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)