Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Quit buying junk food!!!!

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 24 Replies

Alright, so first of all...I am on foodstamps. But unlike some people, we do not use ours for junk.

This is what irratates me to no end...people on foodstamps wasting them on junk. Sure, we might use some of our foodstamps to by the occasional soda and bag of chips for everyone...but ONLY after we've bought REAL groceries.

I know some people personally who get foodstamps and waste them all on junk. And the worst part about it is when they run out of the junk, they wanna bitch and moan about how they don't have any food in the house! Um...really? And all the people I know that waste their foodstamps, they all live in the same house. I'm not sure how many foodstamps they get but it should be more than enough to buy proper food for the month. There's like five people in the house. Only 2 of them work. 3 of them are elderly and the other 2 make miniumage wage I think.

Some people just piss me off. They spend all their foodstamps on shit and then wanna call us complaining cause they don't have anything to eat. Asking Terry to buy them some food when our foodstamps. Terry's response? "Hell no, I aint gonna buy you no food. You should have waster your FS on junk." And then he hung up on them.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 16, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Their problem, keep eating healthy and reap the rewards.
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM

And every single one of them is...heavy. At least I have an excuse in being heavy! I have a baby!

Quoting Anonymous:

Their problem, keep eating healthy and reap the rewards.

CafeMom Tickers
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on May. 16, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I used to keep a stock of pads for one of the neighbor girls because her parents wouldn't.

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Quoting ColleenF30:

I used to keep a stock of pads for one of the neighbor girls because her parents wouldn't.

Wow...really? This reminds me of when I was a kid. My grandma had to buy me pads cause we didn't have the money. Mom couldn't work cause stepdad wouldn't let her and step-dad spent all his money on booze and drugs. It's nice though that you are helping her out!
CafeMom Tickers
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on May. 16, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting ColleenF30:

Wow...really? This reminds me of when I was a kid. My grandma had to buy me pads cause we didn't have the money. Mom couldn't work cause stepdad wouldn't let her and step-dad spent all his money on booze and drugs. It's nice though that you are helping her out!

Her parents spent every dime they had on alcohol and cigs. I couldn't let her go without. It is sad when parents won't take care of a childs needs before their own wants. She was a sweetie. Should be in her early 20's now (omg I am getting old). I can't let kids go without what they need if it is in my power to do something. I may be a smartass, but I do have a heart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Sounds like my sil..she gets food stamps..3 kids an 2 adults..an she's always complaining about running out of food! Really try buying groceries with out food stamps!! I spend about 300$ on groceries a month to feed 5 kids an 2 adults!! When u have to buy your own, u learn how to save, an cut coupons! An not waste it on junk!
LoveNaCupcake
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 6:02 PM

This is like the 4th post today about healthy eating. lol I think people just need to be better educated on healthy foods.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I know. My mom volunteers at a food bank and same damn people are in there at the end of the month. They fully admit the by soda, jerky and other crap.

DazeDelights
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol just dont answer the phone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 12:16 PM

This would piss me off so bad when I use to cashier at a grocery store. The customer would come with a buggy load and the total would go over what they had left on their card. So they would have to put some food back. Do they put back the chips, soda, etc. NOPE they put back the meat, milk, etc. Then you carry out their groceries to a brand new Cadillac Escalade with huge freakin' rims.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)