Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Please Be Gentle

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I don't know what to do. I can feel myself sliding down, but i don't really have anyone to talk to. I'd usually talk to my mon, but i don't see her much anymore. So i just thought i'd come here.

Depression. Yep, that's what this is about.

My youngest is almost 4 months. I can't stand for him to cry, but i'm losing all feeling of "i need to figure out what's wrong". I still care for him, but i'm losing the WANT to do it. (Does that make sense?) I don't want to take care of me or my other three children either. Our home... We won't even discuss how our home is suffering from my neglect. It's not filthy- i've just lost desire to do all but the barest necessities.

I don't know how this started. I'm not even sure i could pinpoint when.

And then today... I haven't seen my SO in weeks. He's working. I'm working. I'm taking care of my kids when i'm not working. (They're not his.) He doesn't call except rarely. That's ok- it's easier for me to answer a text than to find time to talk on the phone. But i've been feeling lonely and depressed lately. I need his support. So i talked to him the other night. I told him. His answer was to stop all conversation and go to bed cuz he "didn't want to upset me more than i already am". I cried. Last night, i tried to talk again. Even went so far as to tell him i felt we were "losing" our relationship, and why. Never got a response- he supposedly fell asleep. Today i asked him if he wanted to spend the day with me and my kids before he went to work. That was a negative. I tried not to get upset. I asked if he wanted to come over tonight after work. He had plans tomorrow, so he couldn't.

I don't think i stopped crying for an hour. I need him and he won't talk, won't text, won't spend time with me. Our birthdays are a day apart- i made a comment that we didn't even know for sure we'd get to spend it together. He didn't even try to reassure me we would. The thoughts in my head right now... Let's just say i don't want to think of things between us ending, but i wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Good grief, this is long and rambling. I'm sorry. I just had to get part of it out somehow. If you stuck thru to the end, thanks. Please be gentle.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Oh honey, I'm sorry. I think you may be clinically depressed, talk to your doctor, you don't have to suffer. It's bad for you, and it's bad for the kids. You need to worry about loving and caring for yourself, the rest will follow, if your so isn't the one for you, someone else will come along when you are happy and healthy! Big hugs!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I think you need to see your doctor and a counsler to figure out what is going on with you and to get depression medicine. Its not a bad thing I have had them before (they help more than you think). You have to figure it out so your kids do not suffer as well. Right now I also believe you should not worry about a man. If he is not willing to sit an help you than he is not the man for you. The right guy will be willing to do anything to help you and to help figure out what is going on, the right guy will be willing to watch your children when you need help. I hope this was not to harsh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM
It sounds like you may have ppd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I had that with my second child. Wouldn't it have started sooner?

I was actually wondering about that tho.

Quoting Anonymous:

TattedReader
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I'm venturing to say PPD. I've been there, twice. It's awful and everyone in your life will suffer if you don't get help. It will only get worse. It took 7 months for my husband and mother to finally sit me down and make me seek help. Tell your doctor, it sounds scary but it's the biggest relief to feel like your at least being pro active. If you're SO isn't supportive, it will be worse for you if he stays in the picture.
MzShorty787
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:48 AM
This right here.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you need to see your doctor and a counsler to figure out what is going on with you and to get depression medicine. Its not a bad thing I have had them before (they help more than you think). You have to figure it out so your kids do not suffer as well. Right now I also believe you should not worry about a man. If he is not willing to sit an help you than he is not the man for you. The right guy will be willing to do anything to help you and to help figure out what is going on, the right guy will be willing to watch your children when you need help. I hope this was not to harsh.

MzShorty787
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:49 AM
If he isn't willing to talk to u or anything he's not for you. I hope things get better sweetie. *Big Hugs* GL
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 1:52 AM
please talk with your doctor. Ppd does sound likely. hugs momma
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 2:33 AM
It started around 3 months for me, but I didn't go for treatment until ds was 6 months. I should have done sooner. GL hun. Hugs.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had that with my second child. Wouldn't it have started sooner?

I was actually wondering about that tho.

Quoting Anonymous:

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I hope things get better for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)