Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

if you are a working mom, and have a day off during the week, would you send your child/ren to day care?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am a SAHM that watches a few kids during the week. I have low rates that do not come close to the daycare centers in the area. One of the mothers, occasionally has a day off in the week, but then has to work that following Sat. or Sun. If you are off during the week, would you send your children to daycare? It was previously understood that she would pick them up around 2ish on her day off. However, when she dropped them off this morning, she changed plans on me and is going to get them around the regular pick up time around 6ish. I had afternoon errands that I had planned on based on our original arrangement. Now, I have to move things around b/c of this. I just ticks me off a little that she is OFF today. It just doesn't make any sense to me, if I had to work 40+ hours a week, I would want to spend time with my young children. They grow up too fast. I have a lot of friends that are working moms, so I am not criticizing any working woman. I just needed somewhere to vent! I hate it when we agree on one thing and it is changed last min. :-(....I'll probably get over it, by this afternoon:-)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I don't have to. I have a 16 yr old.

aak1986
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I am a SAHM but when I did work/go to school if I had a day off I spent it with my kids. I have an ex friend that drops her kids off at daycare even when she is off. Crazy to me but different strokes for different folks.

kss12
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I'm a sahm but if I worked and had one day off that week.. Forget everything else but my child. I will be 120% devoted to my child the day I'm off.
calsmom62
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I would send them unless I had taken the day off to spend with them. If it was my reg day off, maybe now and then , to get to a dr appt or errands
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on May. 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I work part time, all my off days are with ds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM

I would. But I wouldn't have my child there the whole day. Just long enough to run the errands that would go a lot smoother without my child with me.

Then I would pick up my child. Do you watch the child on the sat or sunday when she works?

CafeMom Tickers
Saydar
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM

It depends. I'm planning on doing that this Friday because I'm taking the day to go help my parents pack (they are moving) and it's difficult to get work done with a toddler. If I didn't have a ton to get done in a day, then no, of course not. We'd be headed to the park!

DazeDelights
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I sent my kids regardless because I still had to pay by the week. Sorry I'm not paying for them not to watch my children so they went.
misymac
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I would tell people who wait till the last min and change their plans like she did, that there is a extra charge. [ afternoon rate would be double normal rate]... just for the inconvenience she caused and hopefully that will teach her a little consideration.. If she can afford to pay for day care for the days she doesnt work, she can afford a rate increase for day care..

sonia.gleason
by New Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Well u got paid either way and why is it your business why she sends her child on her day off maybe she wasnt feeling well or using the time as a catch up day
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN