Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no compassion?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
Ok so we had a slight emergency with my son today and I had to call off work to take him to see a doctor. (Nothing seriously wrong thankfully) When I called into work my manager told me I had to try to find someone to cover my shift. Fine whatever, so she gives me TWO numbers to call which I did (as we are on our way to the hospital) neither could do it. I called my manager back to let her know. She then told me that I had to come in because I could not find anyone to cover. I told her that I was sorry and I was not being disrespectful but my sons health comes first and I just couldn't do it. So now I'm in trouble at work because they have no back up plan if someone has an emergency. I feel that it should have been up to my manager now to find someone to cover or for her to cover because it was an emergency. It was not like I didn't feel good or just didn't want to go to work, this had to do with my child. Ok vent over.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

my son had a very high fever and was in and out of the hospital for DAYS. i got a call at work from my baby sitter that my son was puking up and pooping BLOOD. she was on her way to bring him to the ER. when i told my shift manager she told me i couldnt leave i had 4 more rooms to take down and clean (i cleaned hotel rooms) i told her i was sorry there are 5 other girls working they can split the work and ill do all their beds my next shift. she told me no!. so i left. called the hotel manager and told him what happened. and i got fired. i was so pissed about it at first but now i dont even care. my son came first

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I feel the same way. I can't justify working for a company that won't let me put my childs health first

Quoting Anonymous:

my son had a very high fever and was in and out of the hospital for DAYS. i got a call at work from my baby sitter that my son was puking up and pooping BLOOD. she was on her way to bring him to the ER. when i told my shift manager she told me i couldnt leave i had 4 more rooms to take down and clean (i cleaned hotel rooms) i told her i was sorry there are 5 other girls working they can split the work and ill do all their beds my next shift. she told me no!. so i left. called the hotel manager and told him what happened. and i got fired. i was so pissed about it at first but now i dont even care. my son came first

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)