Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

SHE MUST WANT TO GET PREGNANT!!! (SHE IS DRIVING ME NUTS!)

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hey yall!! so i have this best friend who already has a baby by one dude and seems to be trying to make a baby with her new boyfriend that she has only been dating for 3 weeks!! The only reason that i care is that she is like a sister to me and her son is my godson so i'am VERY concerned about how she will be handling having another child. Not to mention she works at a country grocery store, doesnt have a car and is on WIC ( which isnt a problem for me at any means) and she wont put her current baby daddy on child support. so if this guy decides to do the two step as well she will now have to deal with taking care of two kids on her own with out any help. Another annoying thing is that she always comes to me when she thinks she is late. She knows tht she can not afford to have another baby ESPECIALLY since she just started a relationship with this guy, but she refuses to get on birth control or make him wear a condom. its like she is asking for it!!!! i dont want to keep harping to her how important it is for her to either get on birth control or make him wear a condom, but i dont want her to have to struggle with two babies. i just dont what to do or say anymore to get her to see reason.
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygirl4326
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Sometimes you just gotta step back, I know it's hard but you can't make her do anything.

PhoenixV
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

1. There is probably nothing you can do/say to make her see reason. She will do what she wants, and the only thing you can really do for her is be there for her as a friend.

2. If WIC is not a problem, why bring it up?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM
People think a baby is a quick fix for the problems in their lives. They see others having kids and they want to experience that happiness too but of you're in a bad situation a baby will only make it worse. You should talk to her and be honest with her. Sometimes people need to be given a reality check. One of my best friends has a dead beat baby daddy and she purposely got pregnant again to try to get him back in the picture and hoped he would fall in love with her again and want to be with her. But he got angry after she told him about baby #2 and he cursed her out and forced her to abort it. That was heartbreaking to go through with her. I warned her not to get pregnant but she didnt listen and it ended up a disaster. Now she realizes she was wrong to try to bring another baby into the mix.
kjc143
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I would bet #2 was to prove/demonstrate that the girl is already struggling some, so she wishes she wouldn't put herself in a position to struggle more when it's completely preventable.

Quoting PhoenixV:

1. There is probably nothing you can do/say to make her see reason. She will do what she wants, and the only thing you can really do for her is be there for her as a friend.

AnnieMcD
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Maybe she just wants two kids very close in age and she doesn't care if she has a partner to help raise them? Maybe she even wants someone who will run so she can raise her kids as she sees fit? It's weird, but it wouldn't be the first time I saw it.

That being said, if she's struggling financially it's probably a bad idea. Instead of harping on her about BC, maybe start helping her manage her finances so that she's prepared for another child.
l0nely
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Remove yourself from the situation. Whatever happens, it's her fault. You can't make her change.
alexisbyrd26
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM

EXACTLY! I was only trying to provide a example of how her finances were bad. i agree i need to step back but i have this knack for trying to help people. i know i cant control her i just wished she would listen and realize tht another baby isnt the best thing right now.

Quoting kjc143:

I would bet #2 was to prove/demonstrate that the girl is already struggling some, so she wishes she wouldn't put herself in a position to struggle more when it's completely preventable.

Quoting PhoenixV:

metalmomma86
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM
You can't fix stupid
villagemamma
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

i have a friend like this. She already has 3 kids and shes only 23! she recently started dating this dude, then they got engaged, and now shes doing everything she can to get pregnant. They havent even been together a year and she had just left her other husband (whos not the father of any of her children but thats another totally long story). I have found that saying something does no good. Your probably not the only one that is saying it and she probably deep down kinda knows it herself. You just gotta step back and let people make their own mistakes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 23, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Agreed

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Maybe she just wants two kids very close in age and she doesn't care if she has a partner to help raise them? Maybe she even wants someone who will run so she can raise her kids as she sees fit? It's weird, but it wouldn't be the first time I saw it.

That being said, if she's struggling financially it's probably a bad idea. Instead of harping on her about BC, maybe start helping her manage her finances so that she's prepared for another child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)