Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

babymama drama????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

how do you deal with your dates babymama? how to deal with the drama if it happen's? I don't know this is going to be my first time going on a date with a guy that has a kid to and sounds like what he tell me he loved her and she cheated on him all the time toke back she would always cheat on him and he tells me he wants have a relationship with someone but i'm sort of worried about this i mean i don't want to go out with him then it turn's out to be big drama with me and the baby mama witch don't want i don;t know what do you think? need help? and the dates tomrrow???????

Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
T-Branch
by New Member on May. 23, 2013 at 4:17 PM

if she start mess.... walk off

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Never had to, I hate drama but it finds me anyway. I would not get tangled with someone who had a lot of crap going on if it could be helped.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm to old to even use the word babymama . She is the mother of his child .even if they aren't together he should treat her with respect. Do you want to be called babymama if you and he have a relationship ? Now to your question if she starts then walk away . Be the better person . Plus he might be just telling you ugly things about her . You never know !
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Okay thanks everyone but for the comment about the baby mama there's nothing wrong to be called that so chill on that one other then thanks everyone
anotherhalf
by on May. 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't date a man with a child - that way I would avoid all that drama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I hope going out on this date it won't back fire
ohyouknow
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I dated a guy or two that had kids from previous relationships.

I never ran into baby-mama-drama, myself. The first time I fell in love with the kid, but her dad was a worthless piece of shit. Hope she calls him out on it one day.

The second was when I was with a great guy with two beautiful wonderful daughters. His ex was actually pretty awesome, and she invited us up to her parent's lake cottage for a nice boatride. They had managed to stay friends and were quite involved with each other's family functions to make it wonderful for the kids. I really admire that. It kind of sucked on a couple of our 'date nights' because if she had a fight with her current husband, she'd call him to 'pick up the girls' because she didn't want them around the arguing. Date ended. Boo. I couldn't really be mad he was there for his kids, or ask him to choose the date over them... However, in the long run I had to choose my own priorities and goals and dreams over the backseat. That's a whole different story, though.

I think you should go in with eyes wide open, and don't fall too fast. Take it slow. Get to know him before the kids get involved. I'd also meet her when/before you meet the kids as well - I think it's a respect thing. If it's scary, get out. Sometimes, baby mama's just get scary because they don't know what kind of who-knows-what her babydaddy bringing home to play 'stepmommy'. Who knows, she could be a pretty cool chick!

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I have no clue.

My #1 dating rule was always, NO dating people with children.

Good luck.

newlife2013
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Always notice how he talks, treats or thinks of her is how he will treat you. I hope he is over her, or else you will get hurt if you fall for him.Good luck.
Humility1
by New Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Hi yea I'm married to my husband who has a son from a previous relationship. His baby mama is not involved but his sson's grandma is involved. It's very hard to be married to someone with a kid, it's almost unbearable because its a thankless job. I do so much for my stepson and he's a great kid but his grandma expects me to spend alot of money for him which is sad because I'm already supporting him with free housing an food. I think it's a good idea to get to know him first before his kids and of she gives you drama I say get put while you can because no girl deserves disrespect.

Quoting Anonymous:

how do you deal with your dates babymama? how to deal with the drama if it happen's? I don't know this is going to be my first time going on a date with a guy that has a kid to and sounds like what he tell me he loved her and she cheated on him all the time toke back she would always cheat on him and he tells me he wants have a relationship with someone but i'm sort of worried about this i mean i don't want to go out with him then it turn's out to be big drama with me and the baby mama witch don't want i don;t know what do you think? need help? and the dates tomrrow???????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN