Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guess what!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
The name Babymama is very much degrading. The ones who believe it not to be obviously has no sense of respect for the mother of the child. Or for the ones who do not care to be called such a name. I am my sons mother, " his sons mother ". Babymama has and always will be used to belittle the true mother in a conversation or an argument.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberk22
by New Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I honestly think it depends on the person. I don't mind so much. I think it just makes the person saying it sound trashy. Thats just my opinion though.

psych_mom
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I hate that term.

Bradensmommy719
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I agree it makes the person saying it sound trashy.

Quoting amberk22:

I honestly think it depends on the person. I don't mind so much. I think it just makes the person saying it sound trashy. Thats just my opinion though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on May. 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM

My boyfriends Mother works for an electric company and hears it and babydaddy all the time. I feel it shows lack of intelligence a lot of times.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Hate that name babydaddy too.
mrsbrand
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM
If I see or hear "baby mama" in my mind it doesn't reflect on the mom being spoken of, it reflects on the person using it. I can't help but automatically think less of them.
thegoodsied76
by New Member on May. 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM
It's such a (for lack of a better word, please don't jump my shit) "ghetto" term. Not only does it show a lack of respect but also a lack of education. And is usually used (but not always) by people of lower incomes... or just plain lower standards.
I hate the terms baby-daddy or baby-momma and have NEVER heard it used in any way other than a derogatory slang reference to disrespect the parent of a child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM
It works as the equivalent of sperm donor to me. Made the baby, now their gone and may cause drama sometimes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 26, 2013 at 1:38 AM
It's tacky and ghetto. Like saying someone is "preggo". Nails on a chalk board for me every time I hear it used.
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on May. 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM

The sound of it makes me want to gag, same with babydaddy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)