Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STAY OUT SIDE!!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

UGH! I have 4 kids. 9, 6, 3, and 4 months. My 4 month old is teething and is cranky as hell, and my 3 year old is slightly sick and sniffly. I sent the older 2 out to play while the younger 2 were sleeping. The older 2 have come stomping in and out, slamming doors so much it woke the baby up. I am beyond pissed. Now I can't get any cleaning done. My house is a dissaster area. I feel like I need to put a warning on the door about it being so messy you might trip and break something. And did I mention that were having my birthday party tomorrow so the house HAS to be clean? FFFfuuuuuuuu.....

by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MonkeysGrammy
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM

So now that the 9 & 6 yr olds didn't listen to the stay out and play it is time to hand the 9 yr old a broom/vacuum and the 6 yr old a feather duster and let them have at it! Now they can clean the house with/for you. Don't under estimate the power of a feather duster! All of my boys and my 3 1/2 yr old granddaughter will clean like a bastad given something fun and interesting to clean with! I also would give them aprons and crank up some cool music. It also makes it a lot more fun then goin it alone!

BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA! ... don't stress, it causes wrinkles! lol

holding balloonssweepingmargarita timechocolatespa robebreakfast

Bonez 8-3-91 Bear 4-13-94 Stinky 9-26-97
kissing dad       bear with heart      ninja

ruby_jewel_04
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Lmao! I'm not stressing. Just being irritated. Unfortunately my mom just picked up my 9yo DD. Now getting my 6yo DS to help, that's like pulling teeth. I swear the kid is a little hurricane. tears my house up faster than I can clean it. And thank you fur the birthday wishes. I am now in my last year of my 20's. Yikes.

Quoting MonkeysGrammy: So now that the 9 & 6 yr olds didn't listen to the stay out and play it is time to hand the 9 yr old a broom/vacuum and the 6 yr old a feather duster and let them have at it! Now they can clean the house with/for you. Don't under estimate the power of a feather duster! All of my boys and my 3 1/2 yr old granddaughter will clean like a bastad given something fun and interesting to clean with! I also would give them aprons and crank up some cool music. It also makes it a lot more fun then goin it alone!
MonkeysGrammy
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Yes I had 2 tornados, they did a lot of the dusting (never moving stuff or you will NEVER find it!! lol) Or I put them in the bathtub (no water) but let them "clean it". I knew exactly where they were and they couldn't get into anything or make it worse! lol And Oh My last year of your 20's???? I am about 15 days away from.....(big sigh, hard swallow, large grimace)....40...oh my it even hurts to type it!! And you would think the pink would help! (fyi..it doesn't) And why do grandparents (I know because I do it too) always take the older more helpful ones! teehee

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

Lmao! I'm not stressing. Just being irritated. Unfortunately my mom just picked up my 9yo DD. Now getting my 6yo DS to help, that's like pulling teeth. I swear the kid is a little hurricane. tears my house up faster than I can clean it. And thank you fur the birthday wishes. I am now in my last year of my 20's. Yikes.

Quoting MonkeysGrammy: So now that the 9 & 6 yr olds didn't listen to the stay out and play it is time to hand the 9 yr old a broom/vacuum and the 6 yr old a feather duster and let them have at it! Now they can clean the house with/for you. Don't under estimate the power of a feather duster! All of my boys and my 3 1/2 yr old granddaughter will clean like a bastad given something fun and interesting to clean with! I also would give them aprons and crank up some cool music. It also makes it a lot more fun then goin it alone!

FarmWife
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I throw mine outside too. They've done the same thing all day. I finally made my 10 yo come in & take his shower because he was causing too much drama. 

I feel your pain. If you figure out a way to keep them out, let me know. I've felt like crap all day & that was my relief. 

kerryket
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Happy birthday!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)