Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My grandmother called my son "R*******"

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 7 Replies

First off I'd like to say, this is not an acceptable term to use to begin with. 

Second... My son is Autistic. It's mild. He is sooo sweet, and nice to everyone. He is in kindergarted (REGULAR KINDERGARTEN) and they actually give him first and second grade work, when the work they have is too easy. The only thing he is catching up on still, is his social skills (whatever, I'm shy too) 

My son was diagnosed at a year and a half. After that I had a special education teacher come work with him three days a week, and a speech therapist over twice a week until he was three. At three he went into a private preschool that did wonders for him. I taught him is alphabet, beginner reading, simple math, shapes, and colors before he got to kindergarten at 5. 

This was a lot of work. For me and my little man. We have gone through so much, and worked so hard to get this far. When she called him that, to my face SHE IS LUCKY I DIDN'T HIT HER! If she wasn't my grandmother, I would've.  Instead, I said "you are ignorant." and I have broken all contact off with her. She has said/done some awful things before.... But that was too much to deal with. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bclassybutsassy
by New Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM

No excuse and that’s unacceptable.... sorry mama

ruby_jewel_04
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Oh HELL. No. you did right Momma. She is ignorant and doesn't deserve to know your awesome little man. Your a bigger person than I however. I probably would have hit her.
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on May. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Good job
ayacocca
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM

pat yourself on the back... because I'd probably wouldve took a different route unfortunately.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on May. 24, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Good job Mama!

FarmWife
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Wow. I'm sorry. That's horrible.

Christy1919
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM

depends on the context in which it was said.  In their day they also used the term "colored"  so I also think its generational. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)