Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am too poor to work

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

seriously, I am too poor to get a job and work.

I tried to get a job when my son is about 2 years old, and I end up spending $2000 with no income.

I had to send him a daycare in order to keep taking interviews, and I got a part time job, but I laid off after 2 weeks, because the company realized they didn't need anyone.

Now I have 2 kids, my son is going to go to preshool, but my dougter is 9month, I can't afford to send my girl to daycare, and send my son another school after preschool.

I love my kids but I really want to get a job, but looks like it is not going to happen until my girl goes to kindergarden. :( 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Isn't there govt. daycare assistance?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM

is govt jobs offer daycare? to be honest, I am not good at dealing with kids. I even feel hard to deal with my kids. :(

anotherhalf
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

is govt jobs offer daycare? to be honest, I am not good at dealing with kids. I even feel hard to deal with my kids. :(

You wouldn't be providing care. If you are in the US I believe you can get money to help pay for child care so you can work.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on May. 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM
You can get daycare assistance. Where did you put him that cost $2,000?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM
3 moms liked this

How about not having any more kids, I can't afford it.

Perle1
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 2:05 AM

That is crap. I wish everyone that's willing to work for pay could earn a living wage. Have you thought about going to school?  You might be able to take classes while getting grants to pay your tuition. I got several scholarships that were need based basically because no one else applied. The American Business Women's Society gave me 10K despite the fact that I was a science major just because no one else applied. I sent out massive amounts of letters for scholarships. You might be able to get assistance for childcare from the government. I've paid back all the assistance i got in spades. My last years tax bill was 40K. Working hard to get an education paid off big time for me. I used Pell grants and did a lot of work at the community college.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 25, 2013 at 2:17 AM
I tried to get Daycare assistance or eve cash aid because I made to much money, you have to be making like less than a hundred dollars a week to qualify were I live!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Please give me a detail about supported by gov. my husband is working, make a money for living, still quilified?

daycare cost was about $200/week. 

but I spent a enrollment fee, and have to give a 2 weeks notice. took more than a month to get a jjob, and after I laid off, I still had to send my son for 3 more week include the week I give a notice.:(

Terpsichore
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Government assistance with child care can be a bit of a catch 22. You cannot get assistance for children under the age of 3 unless you are working, and how do you work before you have child care? Look up Head Start and Early Head Start. To qualify financially you must be at the federal poverty level, around $23K. I haven't used it, so this is ballpark figure information.

Some people have luck with work from home jobs. I am not one of those people, so I have nothing to recommend. You might though, if you find something legit.

When I start feeling really guilty about not bringing in any income, I remember that it would cost a minimum of $8000 a year per child to put children who haven't started school in child care with a SAHM. If I were to keel over dead, that's $8k/child/year my husband would have to spend.

It's important to me that someone raise the next generation, who will then work and pay taxes like social security. When our two are in school I'll be able to work again and pay taxes again.

Julie-O
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Any family or friends willing to help out with child care?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)