Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do YOU think!!??

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ok, so my child's father is a sorry ass. He has not bought me anything in the last 2 years....any occasion. Although I am not a materialistic person, a damn card would have been nice for my birthday or Christmas or valentines, or even Mother's Day. Yes that's right, he didn't even consider me on Mother's Day. We have plenty of paper and pens in this house, he could have wrote a sweet note...but "he isn't like that!" Soooo..... I need some advice in reference to this upcoming Father's Day. Part of me wants to get MYSELF something nice since he does absolutely NOTHING with our daughter, and has no clue how to be a dad, and honestly, I'm sure he doesn't care about any of it. OR should I get him something heart felt and nice to remember his very first Father's Day? No matter what I do, it will not be bc I want to be nice, I'm over it . If I do something at all it will be sarcastic and spiteful. Sounds horrible right? Well I'm human. I'm exhausted, and the only one who deserves anything for a "parents day" so why not do something for myself? I am mom AND dad, and if I don't do something nice for myself, who else will!?
What would you do????
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't do anything at all. Would just treat it like another day and then this coming Mother's Day get yourself something nice.

Perle1
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Why are you still with him? Have you let him know how you are feeling? I agree with the above poster, just treat it like any other day. Get yourself something nice any time you want...
anotherhalf
by on May. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Are you two still together?  I ask because you refer to him in relation to your child (child's father) and not to you.  That would make a difference to what I would do.

catrig
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Nothing

coreynlala
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Part of me says be the bigger person. The angry woman/mama in me says Girl go get your nails done!!!! (or whatever makes you happy) lol

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on May. 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I would let it pass unnoticed. When/if he brings it up I'd tell him "I'm not like that."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you married to him? Are you trying to build a life with him?

If so, perhaps you could show him how to honor you on special days by honoring him. Do you think perhaps he doesn't know how? Maybe his parents didn't celebrate holidays? If you are wanting this relationship to work out and grow you might have to  just show him. Also, think about what you can live with on your conscience. Although you are hurt now, you might find it harder on your heart to turn the table on him.

Or it could be that he just doesn't care. If he never helps with the baby or show you or the baby any love, then maybe you should reconsider your relationship.

JND911
by New Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I love him, but I think I kind of hate him too. He knows exactly how I feel, I'm not one to hide things like that. I am coming to learn that he is just extremely selfish and does not care about anything but himself. It's either that or he hates me and does things deliberately to hurt my feelings. I could see that being the case as well. When we first got together, he was awesome! I didn't want a relationship and definitely wasn't ready for one, but he was so damn perfect, thoughtful and sweet to me and convinced/begged me to give him a shot. I fell for the bs AGAIN. It's pretty much all my fault. I knew better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 25, 2013 at 9:33 PM

No, it isn't "pretty much all my fault" either. He misled you. He completely misrepresented himself. You trusted him. Now he is ruining your life. You must decide if this is how you want to live. How does he feel about the baby?

JND911
by New Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM
He acts like she isn't here most of the time. Of course when we are around his friends/family or if u see his fb, you would think he was super dad. It's pathetic! He will hold her sometimes and she has a fit, like she doesn't know him.
The reason I say it's my fault is bc this my 3rd try at a serious relationship and both of them before him were no different. I should have known all men that would want me are jerks and liars.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)