Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not a vent but I want to be anon so...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was taking care of some banking stuff today and I realized that if something happened to me hubby would have ZERO clue how to pay our bills.  What comes out electronically and when, what I pay by check, what to watch out for, when bills are due, what I pay online, even usernames and passwords he just doesn't know any of it.

So my plan is to type it all out and put it in our safe.  So far here's what I have...

Mortgage company name/number

Bank account info

Insurance info

username/passwords to bank, electric company, and other places I pay the bills online

detailed list of billing amounts, how they are paid, when they are due, etc

warnings about certain bills (like our water company will shut off the water if it's even a day late whereas our electric company will go months before they turn off the electricity, comcast is on a promotion so watch out for bill increases, etc)

Anything else I should add to this?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Insurance agents that you work with and any bankers, mortgage brokers ect that have been receptive and helpful. Names, company, postion and phone numbers (any that you have) Possibly gather business cards for them.

Put everything in a flash drive for easy updates and email yourself the updated info and leave it in your inbox with his name as the subject line. Obviously you should leave him your log in and password as well lol!

Child care plan. Kids likes and dislikes. Routine, chores that need to be done and when. Allergies, detergents and soaps you buy, when to replace toothbrushes, how to clean appliances, where things go and where the extra supplies are.  Doctors, Peds, Daycare, schools, teachers info. Sports teams, coaches, friends names and their parents contact info.

Pet care, Vet name and info.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Well our mortgage has been sold 3 times since we got it and I've never even talked to this company.  Haven't really needed to talk to anybody at the bank either.  Thankfully our mortgage is our only debt so our finances are pretty simple.

I don't trust things like passwords sitting around in my e-mail account.  Nor do I want this information anywhere on my laptop.  If my laptop was stolen with that information on there.... bad bad stuff.  That's why I want it printed and locked away.

He knows our kids as well as I do.  I don't even have a chore list we just do what needs to be done when we see it should be done.  We have plans for the kids.  Doctor's names and numbers are on the fridge.  We homeschool and he knows their friends through church.

Quoting 1lv2stks3nlz4ev:

Insurance agents that you work with and any bankers, mortgage brokers ect that have been receptive and helpful. Names, company, postion and phone numbers (any that you have) Possibly gather business cards for them.

Put everything in a flash drive for easy updates and email yourself the updated info and leave it in your inbox with his name as the subject line. Obviously you should leave him your log in and password as well lol!

Child care plan. Kids likes and dislikes. Routine, chores that need to be done and when. Allergies, detergents and soaps you buy, when to replace toothbrushes, how to clean appliances, where things go and where the extra supplies are.  Doctors, Peds, Daycare, schools, teachers info. Sports teams, coaches, friends names and their parents contact info.

Pet care, Vet name and info.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)