Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just want to be treated better

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:56 AM
  • 14 Replies
I love my bf and most of the time things are good but when he gets pissed off he yells at me and puts me down and sometimes says mean things about my kids. im a very giving person i like doing things for him and im not perfect but i dont yell at him or say things to hurt him so i guess i just wish he would treat me the same way. he is pretty good with my kids but sometimes doesnt treat my four year old ds very good and he makes me feel like a bad mom with comments he makes. sometimes i feel like we are in two different relationships when we argue he says that i bitch at him all the time but when he tells me what i bitch about its not even anything i've ever brought up. in a recent argument he said he thinks i want to be with someone else and that im probably cheating on him which doesnt make any sense cause im always with him, and im 8 months pregnant with his twins. ive never given him a reason to think im cheating im always home when i say im going to be, i don't hide anything he has full access to my phone and facebook idk why he thinks that. i feel like i just cant take anymore if we get into another argument and he yells at me ill probably leave. all i want is for him to respect me and treat me like i treat him. There is so much more i could say but i don't want it to be too long im just venting. any advice or comments are welcome.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DazeDelights
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I have to agree with him you ARE a bad mother! Not for the reasons he may say but because you allow this man to talk shit about your kids and mistreat your son. Wtf is wrong with you? Those are your kids! If you don't protect them who will?

He yells and screams at you because you allow it. He has anger issues and you have door mat issues. He doesn't think you're cheating but he may be hence the reason that he is accusing you.

If you stay with him and I assume you will... you need to demand respect for yourself and your kids. Idk if you also have girls but do you want them to think this is how men are supposed to treat them? What about your boy? Should he grow up thinking this is how he treats women? Or even worse hate you for allowing them to be mistreated?

Put your kuds first! Their lives are in your hands act like it!
catrig
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Make an exit plan.  None of you need to deal with that.

WillsMOM72
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM
You need to leave.
psych_mom
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Either leave or you both need to go through some serious conseling to get your relationship on track because it is only going to get worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM

:( Thinking about you momma. Going through the same thing myself. 

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jun. 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM
That sounds awful verbally and psychologically abusive to me...
Dqnana
by New Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:06 PM

If it hasn't occurred to you that you are in an abusive, dead-end relationship before now ... these women have spelled it out for you!  PLEASE step up for your children and demand something batter for their lives AND your own!!  This guy needs to learn manners and proper behavior OR ... OR you need to take yourself and those kids away from there.  Don't think that it is impossible.  Others have done it. Get help figuring things out and then make your plan.  You have a long life ahead of you and you have an important job to do as a mom right now.  Don't give your personal power away to some boneheaded man with a big ego and a small brain. 

JuliaMAO
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM
A lot of women have said it so well, when I tried to tell my mama how my stepdad treated me behind closed doors she didn't listen to me or protect me, and your boyfriend does it right in your face and ur not standing up to him for your children, what is ur four year old suppose to do, your job is to protect your innocent children and yourself, and it sure as hell isn't going to get any better when the twins come.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Either you need to leave or you and him need to get help!

And if you continue to let this carry on and do nothing about it you are teaching your children that it is okay to live that way and your children may grow up and let there life partner treat them like crap or vice versa! You need to think long term here and if he is so worried about you cheeting even though you're carring his children then you may want to find out if he is hiding something, he may not be doing anything but I would be concerned, but if he does not agree to getting help (the both of you) then you need to leave! Sorry to be rude sounding but there is NO reason not one for you to be living that way. If he truely loved you and those kids he would not disrecpect you or them and you need to think about the kids they come first. No matter how much you love him it will never work if he does not feel the same and things will just get worse and there is a chance your kids will resent you for that. Please think of your kids and try to fix things don't let them live in an unhappy home.

ayacocca
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Please leave. don't be afraid. don't allow your children to be taught that this is acceptable behaviour.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)