Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You crazy old man...!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

So, my FIL has been drinking again. He doesn't do it a lot but when he does...good god it drives me crazy. He has all these opinions about how to take care of MY son. Like for one, he's been on my case constantly that "boobie milk" is not real food. I keep trying to tell him that if it wasn't "real" food than how could a baby survive on it for the first year? He's trying to get me to wean and my son isn't even a year yet.

Oh, and the whole nap argument. My 11 month old took a one hour nap after being up for 3 hrs. He was then up for about 5 and a half hours. He slept for 15-30 mins, long enough for me to get a shower, and then woke up. I was telling my BIL that i was gonna try to get him to go back to sleep before I cooked dinner. Well, my FIL proceeded to tell me that the "baby dont' need to be sleeping all day." And I'm just thinking, WTF?!! How is a one hour nap followed by a half hour nap "sleeping all day?" Hell, I can't even take a 30 min nap without him bitching at me about "staying in bed all day." And yet, he'll stay in bed for freaking hours! URG!!

You can't tell my father in law anything. He is a very stubborn old man. I love him to death but sometimes he gets on my nerves. And I do appreciate all he has done for me and my husband. I just wish I could speak my mind without getting screamed at or dismissed.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Oh, and my son is currently cutting 3 molars so THAT is why his sleep schelude is off!

Chickenhawk13
by on May. 30, 2013 at 2:42 AM
We have the same fil. I don't cook right, clean right, feed his 39 yo baby boy right ( please kill me) & I sleep all damn day. He slso swears I never feed my dog. Giant bag of gravy train bought every week but nope, haven't fed my 75 lb Doberman in 8 years. He claims its because he feeds him scraps (the dinner I take HIM every evening). He lives next door & hardly comes over. When I take him his dinner every evening is when I hear his drunken diatribe.
Why do I do it? He's old, a drunk & he drinks because his other son died & it's really drunken grief talking. The worst he ever did was call me a mulatto & he didn't get talked to until he apologized.
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Tell him to go home and mind his own business!

kerryket
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2013 at 8:36 AM
How fun, I hope your husband helps out dealing with his dad!
Roo1234
by Member on May. 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM
sometimes the bat way to deal with people like this is to thank them for their concern and then ignore their advice
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Quoting Chickenhawk13:

We have the same fil. I don't cook right, clean right, feed his 39 yo baby boy right ( please kill me) & I sleep all damn day. He slso swears I never feed my dog. Giant bag of gravy train bought every week but nope, haven't fed my 75 lb Doberman in 8 years. He claims its because he feeds him scraps (the dinner I take HIM every evening). He lives next door & hardly comes over. When I take him his dinner every evening is when I hear his drunken diatribe.
Why do I do it? He's old, a drunk & he drinks because his other son died & it's really drunken grief talking. The worst he ever did was call me a mulatto & he didn't get talked to until he apologized.

d My FIL is not nearly that bad. He doesn't get drunk every day and has never insulted me. I think maybe my FIL harps at me so much about my son is because he is just trying to be useful. He doesn't get to see his other 2 grandkids because his other son from his first marriage is a complete ass and won't let him. So, my son is the only grandkid he ever sees. Most of the time, he gives good advice. He did raise 3 kids on his own after all. I just have to explain that not every baby is the same. So, while hubby and his 2 brothers might have been staying up all day and sleeping all night this age, my son does not
CafeMom Tickers
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Yeah, that would be the day. My hubby gets frustrated when my FIL starts yelling and ranting and a lot of the times they will get into HUGE arguments because my hubby is coming to my defense and screaming at Terry to leave people the "F" alone. *Rolls eyes* lol.

Quoting kerryket:

How fun, I hope your husband helps out dealing with his dad!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)