Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

my husband is notorious for losing things. EVERY morning he does the - have you seen my keys - where did i put my wallet. type of thing. and our middle child is notorious for sneaking out of her room at night and taking things and hiding them! so every night i tell my husband to put his keys and wallet up where she cant find/reach them. and every morning, he either doesnt remember where he put them or he leaves them out and she gets to them.

No, i know my husband should be able to leave his wallet/keys on the kitchen counter without worrying that our 3 year old daughter will steal them and its a habit we are trying to break her of.

but i am so sick of his pissy attitude in the morning when he cant find anything and is gunna be late for work. it happesn 5 out fo 7 days a week. thismorning he couldnt find his keys. i asked where he put them and he swore up and down he left them on our dresser next to his wallet. then asked our daughter if she took them. she said no, and he got angry and asked her again. she said no and started crying. i told him she obviously didnt have them and he said "well find them"

okay. a "can you please help" would have been better. but i didnt get that, so i shot back "why do i get attitude everytime you lose something,"

to which i got back "find them"

so i didnt look he was being rude, he finds them a few mins later ontop of the fridge.

so clearly not where he said he put them and there is no way our daughter put them there, does he say sorry to her, or me for his shitty attitude... no, he just walked out the door. K Bye.

then texts me "why did you act like that"

are we serious, i gave him my answer saying he was being rude and he says "ill text you again when i feel like talking to you, a normal wife helps not sits there with attitude"

i said "oh cool lets take digs at eachother because were pissy, have a good day!" and left it at that.

WHAT THE HELL!? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 9:31 AM

BUMPPPP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 10:27 AM

BUMP

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I couldn't be married to a  man who acted like that.  To be rude to you is one thing, but to also take it out on a child is just wrong.  He needs to grow the hell up.

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Get a hook for the keys and a bowl for his change and wallet for the counter.  Train him to put his stuff there.  

kgsharber
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:40 AM

WHere do you women find these men? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Sounds like he was stressed. My hubby used to lose things to so I put a basket near the door on top of where the shoes go for his stuff. It's convenient enough for him so he uses it.
Personally I would have just helped him and discussed the attitude later. But my marriage is important to me and I'm willing to make sacrifices (like understanding people get stressed and say things they shouldn't) to keep my marriage strong. I'm there for my husband in the good and the bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 10:47 AM

it is funny that you imply that i am not there for my husband. when i very much am, but when he is being rude and demanding i will not just do as he asks. i am his wife not his property. if you are comfortbale being that way for your husband then congrats to you

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like he was stressed. My hubby used to lose things to so I put a basket near the door on top of where the shoes go for his stuff. It's convenient enough for him so he uses it.
Personally I would have just helped him and discussed the attitude later. But my marriage is important to me and I'm willing to make sacrifices (like understanding people get stressed and say things they shouldn't) to keep my marriage strong. I'm there for my husband in the good and the bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I am not my husband's property and he doesn't treat me like that. Maybe once a year he gets stressed and slightly more demanding. I just don't find arguing with someone who is stressed in front of a child to be productive.

Quoting Anonymous:

it is funny that you imply that i am not there for my husband. when i very much am, but when he is being rude and demanding i will not just do as he asks. i am his wife not his property. if you are comfortbale being that way for your husband then congrats to you

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM

im confused on where i argued infront my child i didnt specify where the talking took place actually. my daugher was in her room we were in the kitchen when the discussion took place, we werent yelling. im not going to take crap from someone who is stressed, its not an excuse to be a jerk. had i found the keys for him and kept my mouth shut he would think i was fine with how he treated myself and our daughter and i wasn't. if he wants to be rude and have attitude im going to let him know hes being a jerk.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not my husband's property and he doesn't treat me like that. Maybe once a year he gets stressed and slightly more demanding. I just don't find arguing with someone who is stressed in front of a child to be productive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 10:59 AM
It's your life and your marriage. Personally I just solve reoccurring problems instead of it being a daily issue.

Quoting Anonymous:

im confused on where i argued infront my child i didnt specify where the talking took place actually. my daugher was in her room we were in the kitchen when the discussion took place, we werent yelling. im not going to take crap from someone who is stressed, its not an excuse to be a jerk. had i found the keys for him and kept my mouth shut he would think i was fine with how he treated myself and our daughter and i wasn't. if he wants to be rude and have attitude im going to let him know hes being a jerk.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)