Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am i the only one that feel disgusted when i eat meat?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:14 PM
  • 13 Replies

This is a very peaceful vent haha but really I am slowly starting to hate meat. I'm Hispanic so meat has always been an important part of my life but lately i have just been turned off by it! Ever since I read about horse meat being sold as "cow" meat, I have just become paranoid! Also I have read about meat being genetically engineered so you never really know what you are really eating anymore! Ikea was accused of selling horse meat as their famous Swedish meatball. Well there goes my faves! Then BK also had horse meat in their burgers, GOODBYE Burger King lol I have been starting to eat more vegetables and less processed food. Proud of myself actually! Had Kale tacos last night and they were good! lol but seriously whoever is the one handling the food of this country *cough cough goverment* is messing it up for me and all meat lovers haha That is my vent for today! 

by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetPea2004
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Buy meat from a local source our meat is from our ranch so I know what they eat.
poshkat
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I love meat but hate the way it smells, especially chicken. A few months ago I was suffering from migranes and I warmed up some chicken alfredo for ds and as I was stirring it the smell got to me and I leaned over the kitchen sink and threw up.

sfigu16
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 4:27 PM

ugh i know exactly what you mean! Bf made steak last night and i smelled it and goodness sweet baby jesus i almost passed out!! I hope you feel better with you migraines. My bf suffers from it as well. You know eucalyptus is very good for migraines 

Quoting poshkat:

I love meat but hate the way it smells, especially chicken. A few months ago I was suffering from migranes and I warmed up some chicken alfredo for ds and as I was stirring it the smell got to me and I leaned over the kitchen sink and threw up.

poshkat
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Quoting sfigu16:

Ughhhh. Steak is the best!!! I made some last week and I wanted to throw up but it tasted soooooooo awesome.

My migranes are stress related, no stress lately so they're pretty much gone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 5:01 PM
*gobbles up her sausage really fast*
sfigu16
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 5:06 PM

cheating! haha give me some! YUM!

Quoting Anonymous:

*gobbles up her sausage really fast*

anotherhalf
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I can't stand meat.  The thought of eating an animal disgusts me.  Preparing it for my husband makes me want to hurl - the veins in chicken are nasty.  Ground meat has who knows what in it, I think its all the leftover pink goo stuff. 

Off to barf. . .

.strawberry.
by New Member on May. 31, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I know what you mean.  I am an omnivore and I love the taste of meat but after learning about factory farming and the conditions the animals live in/their health before slaughter, I feel really disgusted every time I eat meat. I can't afford to buy organic so I hardly eat meat now.

AshleyOh7
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I agree. I've been vegetarian on and off for years (where we live, it's actually more expensive to be a healthy vegetarian!), and a lot of meat is just nasty to me. When I was pregnant, I would throw up just seeing or smelling ground meat. I don't see a difference in chicken vs cow vs horse, though- if you're willing to eat one, why not the other?

If you want the taste and appearance of meat without the actual animal flesh, try Morning Star products (just not the bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!). They're surprisingly good!
psych_mom
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I love my meat...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)