Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Am I the only person who is terrified and disgusted?

Posted by   + Show Post
Regarding the NSA surveillance and Obamas support of it? It's got me up at night. I have had nightmares the last two days that I was in the movie V for Vendetta. Everything can be seen. There are no handles or screen names. There is no anonymity. Why even use the anon button if everything is on some massive server?

What if we say something online or on the phone and the free pass NSA arbitrarily decides you need a midnight visit and a black bag hat? That's the perfect way to identify protestors and make the leaders and organizers disappear.

Call me paranoid. I am. I'm terrified. I'm ashamed I voted for that backstabber Obama. I'm ashamed that I defended his good intentions.

I've already had two anxiety attacks today. It's not even 2pm.
by on Jun. 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
KawaiiPika
by Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM
6 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This made me lol
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Yeah really. We can impeach for lying about a BJ but not about a Massive 4th amendment breach and abuse of the patriot act...

Quoting KawaiiPika:

Mobile Photo

This made me lol

Fushithedruid
by New Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

Good old George. :/

Quoting 3JuJu3:

I started getting paranoid when the Patroit Act came out. Talk about shitting on the Constitution. 

remember the dems screaming about it when Bush signed it? talk about double standards, when it was up for renewal a while back, guess who voted to keep it? you got it, the ones who were bitching about it before. screwed up, ya know?

thefiregoddess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:48 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont even know what to say.....

My personal opinion is: Big Brothers always been watching shrugs not much anyone can do about it

Grnyann65
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 6:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not terrified, or disgusted. I've been told since I can remember that Big Brother is watching. I can't stop it. I've lived my life. I've never worked in a place that didn't have video surveillance at every angle. I don't do anything when I'm alone that I wouldn't do if I had actual witnesses...except, go to the bathroom. I've often wondered about that. THAT made me paranoid, but now I think If they want to see my big, white ass...HERE IT IS!!!
Christy1919
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

how could you think they WEREN"T Looking?  Really are you that ridiculously stupid.  People who bitch about this are also the same ones bitching when something does go awire and  it so turns out if was preventable becasue the person was sending threatening information over the internet.  Noone NEEDS the internet..its optional for the most part.  You don't need myspace, faceboot  etc.  don't like it get off

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:34 PM
You don't understand. Of course I knew we were being surveilled. But did you hear about the Xbox one? How about the open back door protocol the NSA forced all phones to have? As in they can be listened to at any point. Everything I'm trying is being recorded.

How about the 100 billion dollars spent on a massive facility to store all this information? Maybe we could have spent that money better ya?

Or maybe the warnings we are getting from ARAB countries that we are heading for a dictatorship (as they speak from experience).

They truly terrifying part is that they aren't even ashamed to hide it anymore. At least when they hid it that implied they understood it was wrong. Out in the open, no regrets, now they are showing that they see no wrong in it.

THAT I didn't know about. If you had the foresight then congrats. Here's a cookie.

Quoting Christy1919:

how could you think they WEREN"T Looking?  Really are you that ridiculously stupid.  People who bitch about this are also the same ones bitching when something does go awire and  it so turns out if was preventable becasue the person was sending threatening information over the internet.  Noone NEEDS the internet..its optional for the most part.  You don't need myspace, faceboot  etc.  don't like it get off

RachelsMercy
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you. I'm upset I voted for him. Between this and what he did for Monsanto, I am just speechless. This term is way different from his last term. Idk, I sign a lot of petitions online and complain about the government and I am pretty outspoken politically, so I am a bit nervous now as to what has been seen and noted from my end.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Obama may or may not have made it worse but yep the government has always been watching us hell even before all the technical stuff we have now.it's has long been rummered that they listen in on calls before Obama was even n presidnt

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont even know what to say.....

My personal opinion is: Big Brothers always been watching shrugs not much anyone can do about it

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:26 PM

You're not the only one, and don't be shocked if they call it this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN