Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Classic Vent. (long)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hi there, this ismy first post with this group, I thought I would start with a classic vent...mother in law.

Now, what you need to know about our situation is this, we live with my husbands parents in their house. We pay rent as well as power and take care of our own groceries as wel las pick up after ourselves and our 6 year old son. We have talked about moving out mutiple times but my step father insists we stay for a while longer. they are getting older and my husband's father needs help around the house and things like that. The other reason we have yet to leave is my MIL. My MIL has so many issues its not funny and she has medication she takes, but she thinks she can decide the dosage and all of that even though her doc says different. so she ends up being a friggin crazy pants most of the time. 

Now I hate my MIL, i know its harsh but this woman has donew hat she can to try and break up my husband and I. told lies about me, spoke (and speaks) behind my back to her entire family. and much much more. I have tried time and time again to forgive her because she is a raging lunatic. I can no longer forgive the things she is saying or doing. 

This woman is leaving notes all over the house about makes sure the kitchen is clean and cook this specific thing for supper, things like that.

Now I clean that kitchen everyday, and i pick up after us and I make sure things are tidy, and idon't eat meat and she expects me to cook it for her and her husband.

Don't get me wrong, my FIL he's nice but a dick.

we buy enough groceries for ourselves, its what we can afford...she hasa gluten allergy and gluten free food is EXPENSIVE. i refuse to buy it because we dont need to eat it. 

If I cook supper for the three of us, they will come out and be like where is ours?

It is sooo frustrating to have to do this all the time, my brain is fried and I am so sick of this s$%^. She is constantly yelling at everyone and swearing and throwing a fit in font mof my son. 

ALSO, I f i am  putting my soninto time out or giving him alecture about right and wrong she butts in and says hes just a boy let him do what he wants....uuuuuugh no, im not letting that child run rampant through the house destroying stuff and letting him get away with everything, thats not how i roll. 

When I was working until about 3 months ago, she was taking the role of mom....my husband was letting her do it. she was having a say in everything raising him. and when i would step in and scold him for misbehaving she would go over to him and say its ok that you did that, and tell me to let him be. in front of him...undermining my authority as a mother. I hjad to quit needless to say. and we were saving for a house.

so now im looking for another job and this time we have got a sitter. 

This woman makes up stories to get my husband on her side, and her husband. She calls her family in the room beside ours and i can hear her bad mouthing me to family.

She is a nightmare. And she thinks she has my husband in her back pocket, and hoenstly she does. he does whatever she tells him to, like a child. I am constantly telling to him to stand up for me when she is at me or to stand up to her demands.

I'm going crazy over here.

One of the worst things she does...as if everything else wasnt stressing me out...she'll get my husband to talk to her about our finances and all that and she will, when she gets upset use that as her arguemtn when flying into her fits.

you shouldn't have spent this, you shouldn't do that! don't you ever buy that again.

i've been standing my ground to her lately because she is treating us like children, even though it was her and her husband that begged us to stay. I won't back down to that hag. thanks for reading, or skimming lol

~Tara

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kerryket
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Yeah you're right, you have to save as much as you can and move out, that's way to much stress.
anotherhalf
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I'd move out and dhcan go over there to help around the house. That sounds miserably insane to live there.
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM

You are one strong woman: I would have done snapped by now. I hope you can move out asap. 

jen1130
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Well you are married and you have a 6 yr old and you live with her...it's time to make a stand and move!!!! Things are so much easier when it's your home. Living in a 1 bedroom or small 2 bedroom would be better then what you are doing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)