Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously??? *Update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

So DH is a key holder, earlier this week I asked him to lock the front door after he leaves for work so he added the house and mailbox keys to his key chain. Well he gets up for work this morning and has no idea where his keys are, we searched the whole apartment (including the trash), the yard in front, and our car but we've come up empty. He had to call in to work to tell them he can't come in and they told him they'll call him back, that was about an hour ago. I really hope he doesn't lose this job, it took two years for one of us to find one in the small town we live in and that job is a town over. I don't know what we're going to do, we can't go anywhere now, we can't check our mail, he can't get to work to keep his job...I'm just to frustrated with how irresponsible he was, we even have a Key rack right when you walk in the door. Somehow he's tried to blame it on me, there was this huge metal thing next to the couch in our living room that he used to sit his keys on and I had it moved, over a month ago, but he said today it's my fault because I just had to have it moved. I just want to crawl in a hole and die from the fear of not finding the keys before this day is over.

*We have the keys! A neighbor found them next to our car late last night and brought them to us just a couple minutes ago. I feel so relieved! My stress level was so high I was about to cry, I'm so glad we have good people living next to us.

Sorry forgot to update on them calling him back, so far he's not going to be punished for having to miss the day, they told him to continue coming in on the days scheduled and they found someone to come in for him that day. He was scheduled to go back in on Wed so we're hoping they don't give him bad news when he returns.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WillsMOM72
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Have y'all looked in yesterday's pockets? Under couches? Everywhere?
WillsMOM72
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Do you not have a spare set?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Yep everywhere, every room, moved everything, looked through the trash, in the bathroom, under beds, checked all pockets worn yesterday and today including the kids, and we checked everything more than once. And DH has been saying he's going to get copies made for several months but we never did.

Quoting WillsMOM72:

Have y'all looked in yesterday's pockets? Under couches? Everywhere?

MsMimna
by Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Kids toy box ?? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Checked there, checked all their rooms, under beds, in beds, through dressers, we've literally checked every possible place and it looks like they grew legs and ran off. :(

Quoting MsMimna:

Kids toy box ?? 

calsmom62
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM
We lost a set of keys one time, two yrs later moved and as the couch was turned upside down off the truck I heard a jingle. They had slipped down in the bsvj and down inside the innards. I had moved it a zillion times to clean, but the moving van ride shook them loose
anotherhalf
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you check between small spaces like between the refrigerator and the counter?  Anywhere that a set of keys could have slipped into.

Did you check weird places like inside the refrigerator/freezer, washer/dryer, inside shoes.  You'd be amazed where things get found.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:34 PM

We checked inside, under, & behind the deep freezer, took everything out of the refrigerator, checked in between the refrigerator and the counter, checked the cabinets, we've been searching since 7am and nothing has been found. There's so many keys on the clip, we thought we'd at least hear it when moving everything. We're not going to stop looking and hope we'll come across a place we didn't think to look.

Quoting anotherhalf:

Did you check between small spaces like between the refrigerator and the counter?  Anywhere that a set of keys could have slipped into.

Did you check weird places like inside the refrigerator/freezer, washer/dryer, inside shoes.  You'd be amazed where things get found.

debmom07
by Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Dryer
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Our apartments don't have washer/dryer hookups and all that happened was, DH went to the grocery store, came home brought in the groceries with two trips to the car, then straight to his desk...a few moments past and then he gets up to put away the groceries and I make supper. We're completely at a loss as where else to look.

Quoting debmom07:

Dryer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)