Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sugar and habenero pepper... That's what dad's are made of...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 0 Replies
I will start off by saying, I LOVE MY DAD!
When I lost my job due to injuries and am now in a lengthy settlement, he's chosen to work past retirement in order to pay our 555 house note and anything else we uh run short of. It is very generous and I adore him for not putting us and two children on the street, (although I have a feeling he does NOT want us piling in with him.
:-)

HOWEVER, my brain injury causes me problems, but doesn't make me stupid. Which is how he made me feel today. Se as how he made me feel at 8,11,19, 24... You get it.
These father/ daughter relationships are very tricky.... Ours is especially difficult because. He's always known what buttons to push, but the brain injury causes me to fly off the handle way faster , yet I know he's half supporting us and takes me to appts when he can ( because he can take the time off) and gets real sweet when I'm in a heap of tears and DH is working. ( doesn't know what to do..... With it , but he tries . So I say sugar and habenero peppers.... But my " peppers" are showing up more often.... I don't want to run him off.... But I think we are ALL. Trying to deal with the " new", damaged me, versus the old happy... Dare I say " wonderful" me. Keep that in context with the useless me now who finds getting all the washed and dried laundry in hampers as my accomplishment HUGE accomplishment for the day.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)