Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The FOOD system

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm over being told how bad our food system is.  I get it, it's bad.  Processed, we're addicted to sugar blah blah blah.  

I have an overload of friends who are raw, paleo, non-hydrogonated, organic.  Here is your standing ovation: GOOD FOR YOU!  Now, leave me alone.  

I'm as maxed out and tired as you.  I'm doing my best to feed my kids and eat as local as we can.  I buy the dirty dozen organically when I can.  I LIKE bread.   A cream of soup casserole now and then is delicious and thank GOD paleo says red meat is cool.  

So proud of you for getting Timmy to eat whole grain whatever (remember I gave you a standing ovation).  My kid is different than yours can't we talk about something else.  

I'm looking for the one liner I can say when Jen says, "we had the best quinua salad last night - the kids loved it!".  

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
anotherhalf
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM
4 moms liked this

Try this:

Now that Quinoa has become so popular here, poorer people in Peru and Bolivia, for whom it was once a nourishing staple food, can no longer afford to eat it. They now are eating the imported junk food that is cheaper.  Its so sad how what we do negatively affects the rest of the world.  

If you say this while looking down and shaking your head, it might shut her up.

csxt99
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Another day, another healthy food fad.  Offer her  piece of cake.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jun. 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Hand her a cupcake and tell her to suck on that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)