Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when is It right to spank?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Age & why or why not?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JaronDMC
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM
For me never :)
amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM

When ever you think is right, Never forget to show your love after 

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I spanked when they were completely insubordinate, for instance if I put them on a chair for time out and they didn't stay there, I smacked their butt once pretty hard, got their attention, and then they straightened right up. You don't have to do very often at all once they know you will.

anotherhalf
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I never did.  My son is 9 - definitely too old IMO.  

As far as age and reason - it is really child specific.  I'm sure some children under some circumstances really need to be spanked.  Others never need a spanking under any circumstance. 

Dzyre1115
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM

My children get hit when they hit, that's the rule, "If you don't want to be hit, then don't hit!"!  The age doesn't matter and this method works for us.

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I only spank when it is absolutely necessary (doing something dangerous, total defiance, etc). 

JTE11
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Yes, that is my thought on it. When she knows the rule, and does what she wants anyway. Especially when it has to do with safety issues. If she does something that she knows is not allowed or that could get her killed, she will most likely get a swat. I have not had to do it very often, only when it is a pretty dire situation or blatant insubordination. It does become a deterrent. OP I've only started it since she turned two and decided she could do her own thing. Prior to that I used redirection.

Quoting Lindalou907:

I spanked when they were completely insubordinate, for instance if I put them on a chair for time out and they didn't stay there, I smacked their butt once pretty hard, got their attention, and then they straightened right up. You don't have to do very often at all once they know you will.

arwalters
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Always a last resort for me, and I don't believe it's ever really necessary
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:38 PM

When ever the parents think its appropriate.

catrig
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

When YOU feel it is appropriate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)