Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel my body is betraying me!

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:50 AM
  • 14 Replies
This is a vent because I feel there is no one I can talk to right now about all that seems to be going wrong with my body since I gave birth to my two daughters. My husband makes me feel like a disappointment and a burden and my own father won't help with support for a much needed surgery... Bear with me. There is so much going wrong with me that I don't know where to begin... I'll start with my back. I injured my back trying to pack our house up 6 months post-partum and now have been living in chronic pain for 2 years from a ruptured disc, and three bulging discs. The pain is chronic and now radiates down my left leg. I am hoping to have surgery to fuse my L5 this fall, but my own father refuses to assist in caring for my two little girls during the recovery time (which can take up to 6 months) and my husband frequently travels for work leaving me as sole caretaker. I don't see how we will make it work without the help of a family member. I also suffer from hemorrgenic cysts and endometriosis which causes me severe abdominal pain and hellish periods. My doctor has suggested I have a hysterectomy and I respond HORRIBLY to hormone treatment (constant breakthrough bleeding and migraines) Lately, I have also begun having migraine headaches and the last/current one has lasted 7 days. Something I have never experienced before. I have also been suffering from a pain right below my ribs and right in the center of my abdomen that my doctor feels may be indigestion or the beginnings of an ulcer, but personally I am suspicious of gallstones. And did I mention the uncontrollable adult acne!? I have worse acne now than I did in high school! Come on I am almost 40! I paid my dues!! My frustrations stem from two things: WHAT THE HELL IS CAUSING ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS and I feel like such a failure, burden, useless wife and mother! My body is betraying me and I have nothing to provide or be proud of. I have so much will and so little capacity! Anyone else experiencing anything like this?
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen1130
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
The back I have no answer for other then I am sorry. But your female stuff including the acne please look up PCOS....I have it,I am over weight, my sister has it she is small. So if weight is not an issue please still look into it. My meds are helping me so it may be worth a try.
I am sorry I wish I could help more. My daughter 13 at the time 14 now had her upper spine fused together she did well but it still limits you for a while.
erina320
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Thank you. I'll look into PCOS.
debmom07
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Birth control can help with the bleeding and the ance. The rest of Idk. That is a lot to deal with.
psych_mom
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM
2 moms liked this

There are preventive meds that will help with migraines. I take two a day and have gone from having a migraine every day to having a break through migraine once every 4-6 weeks. One of the meds also helps with my back pain caused by two protruding disk due to very early onset osteoarthritis. I have also found that wearing a body shaper that holds my stomach in and my back aligned helps with my back pain.

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:15 PM

hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

i had a spinal fusion done, and i urge you to fully consider ALL options before taking that route...mine was done in '99, and now, it's slipping...i cannot have more surgery, and was told i'll need a wheelchair...i need one now when i have to walk any distance, as each year goes by, it's more and more difficult to maneuver.  I had mine done at 36, and i'm 49 now.  There is also a new treatment for bulging discs with no hospital stay and minimum invasion, little scar, and immediate pain relief.  

catrig
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I'm sorry.

Octoberjoy
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Does ur family have any history I lupus or an autoimmune disease. I ask because I understand ur body doing things u don't understand. I have and still have issues like u but cause I'm 24 ppl don't believe me. Hugs for u as well sweetie.
erina320
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Debmom07 - I can't do birth control because it causes continuos bleeding and migraines.

Octoberjoy - There is no history of lupus and I believe I have already been tested for autoimmune diseases, but to be honest I have been to so many doctors with no resolution that I can't remember what's been done. As for people not believing you I TOTALLY get that! It's as though doctors don't take my pain and problems seriously because I am young and skinny. They see a healthy person and I am anything but. I feel like my life has been robbed away from me!

Edit* actually now that I think about it I was tested for rheumatoid arthritis and the doctor said it also ruled out the likely hood of lupus.
heretolisten
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I exist just as you do.  I was finally diagnosed with PCOS in my mid 30's.  After having my son the menstrual cycles got horrific.  I dread the arrival of AF. I also suffer from serious spinal damage in addition to RA.  To get an accurate Dx of PCOS you need to have repeat hormone tests done to check levels at different times of the month.  Metformin is helpful as is interval hormone therapy.  Many docs will push BCP but I can't take them either due to intolerable side effects.  Oh, and those painful cycles I firmly believe are attributed to the endo.  If you take NSAID's for pain you could very well be developing stomach lining damage.  I can't take them anymore without worsening damage.  Go to your OB/GYN and discuss the possibility of PCOS w/Endo and go from there.  :)  Good luck.  Hang in there...menopause is not that far off. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)