Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Your baby is toooooo chunky!!

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:45 AM
  • 13 Replies
So, there is another woman that goes to our meeting that has a son a few months younger then my daughter. (Liv is 14 months, her son is 11 months) and yesterday I took my daughter with me to the annual Tea. This woman's mother was there and was making comments about my daughters lack of teeth. (She only has one so far.) I honestly felt like screaming at her that Her grandson is fat! He is, and I know babies are supposed to have extra chunk to them, but he weighs 30 lbs already! My daughter weighs 24! (She is very tall and lean.) it seriously annoyed the crap out of me as she is going on and on about how unstable my daughter is with her walking, (I think she walks like most new walkersy) and how her vocabulary isn't huge. (She has about a 6 word vocabulary that she says. It includes dada, momma, Aahgah (her word for dog or a victory depending on the inflection), and a very rough 'thank you, here you go, and what's this') I feel like both the kids mom and grandmom are putting my husband and Is' parenting style down just because they think they can. Oh yeay for you, you are still exclusively breast feeding your baby and he weighs so much he JUST started rolling over all the way on his own, refuses any solids, and can't fit any shoes made for babies because he has (direct quite from the grandmother) 'little meatball feet'. Their family and my husbands family are two of the more influential families in our Meeting so I thinks it's a turf war type thing but I wish they (the other family) would leave me and my baby out of it!
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Ugh I can't stand mothers like that. I do my best to ignore them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kerryket
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Ignore it and don't fall into the same trap of judging and comparing babies, every baby is different, it's not a contest.
bellaaax3
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM
3 moms liked this

the baby didn't insult you, the woman did. leave the innocent babies out of it

obama._.nation
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I understand the lady was inconsiderate. What your thought of saying is way worse in my opinion, and im glad you didn't state it. Her grandson did NOT make the rude comment bout your child, that lady did. This is why I fear how ppl will respond to my son. I will never disrespect someone else's child. But my son is mentally like a 3 year old, and has the mind of a 3 year old and is the size of a 3 year old. He will be 6 next month. I've had ppl say mean things about him and how he speaks. mind you, these were not kids making fun of my son. They were adults, giving him nasty looks and a few say things where I could hear that hurt me so badly. He barely cant talk clearly. He finally has a bigger vocabulary. But he struggles with making complete sentences. He is in speech and occupational therapy. Both have helped him a lot, but he still has a long way too go. I HATE ppl who are adults who puts down an innocent child. They act like their child is perfect, and mine is a mistake to society. My son is my life, ajd without him, I would be lost. It's heartless to see ppl be hateful. It's also heartless to see others spew out things about the other persons child in retaliation.
Momofmenagerie
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Can't people just let rude comments roll of your back? Your child is lean with one tooth, you think her's too chunky . Let it roll, these children do not need their parents finishing a drama a GRANDMA mistakenly created.
anotherhalf
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM

So the ladies a bitch.  Leave her child out of it unless you want to be as bad as she is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM

dont waste your time being angry over something you have no control over...save your anger for things that really matter. 

catrig
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I would laugh at her.  Seriously to her face.

julainepw
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
People want to stop their kids from being bullied and this whole anti bully movement is a big thing yet adults say and do things that are just plain hurtful and not constructive at all. This is why kids are bullies! They are copying their parents poor behavior. Sorry for the run on sentence.
psych_mom
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Remember to be angry at the right person and be the bigger person and leave the kid out of it. She is the one that has to face herself in the mirror at night and if she is putting children down, it is probably not a pretty picture she sees looking back at her- don't have that same picture staring back at you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)