Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

"Our kids"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
2 moms liked this
So, I am a remarried mom of two amazing girls. One from my prior marriage (12) & 1 from my re-marriage. Yesterday I posted a fb msg saying Happy Father's Day to my husband & now I am catching so much grief as a result from my ex & his family. I had my ex sis-in-law, niece & ex FIL as fb friends - & ended up removing them just to avoid something like this happening again & now I am getting grief for that too. Please tell me if I was SO wrong w/ my apparently poor choice of words. I can kinda see their point - but think its a big stretch & they're just being drama junkies masked as too sensitive.

Actual post:
"So much to say today! It brings tears to my eyes to see the amazing father that (tag husband) is to our girls! You are so good to us & I will spend my life grateful that fate brought us together..." goes on to recognize my dad, my FIL, then... "To (ex & exFIL) - thank you, two men who are at the route of one of the most precious things in my life - my first born - (daughter tagged) & I cant forget an awesome step Poppi (ex's stepfather). Happy Father's Day to all 3 of you as well - I have not forgotten you three just because I have moved on in my life." Goes on to wish all my father friends happy day...

Supposedly the crux of my poorly chosen words is that I referred to "our girls"..

Am I really missing the big deal here? I thought I was being nice & conscientious to include my ex & his dad, but maybe next year I can just post "to the man who begged me to abort his child, pushed me down a flight of stairs when I was pregnant, punched me in the stomach & told the divorce judge he did not want visitation - Happy Father's Day & thanks for finally stepping up w/HALF of your weekly ordered cs yet you have every gizmo & gadget out there & thanks for playing the "cool dad" role for the most recent 4 years of your daughter's 12 years of life - & all those years you racked up $80k in STILL unpaid cs - no worries - its all good.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:56 AM
7 moms liked this
I like the way you phrased it. I think you should have posted that last bit in response to the flak you got :D
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this
You worded it fine. Sounds like they we wanted to start drama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I would!!

Quoting kailu1835:

I like the way you phrased it. I think you should have posted that last bit in response to the flak you got :D

KSBlueyz
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not one for drama, but they are sure looking to make you out to be the bad guy. I would send them the last bit you put on there.  Let them see (and the rest of the Facebook community for that matter) what an asshat he is. Then....maybe they'll get the hint and just choose to like the post, or not. 

I would leave them out of all future posts from now on. They don't sound like they deserve to be included in such nice gestures. 

psych_mom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:45 AM
2 moms liked this
I have my ex and all of his family blocked. Sounds as if you need to do the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM

If you all had a child with an ex, and a child with a new SO - would you refer to them as "our girls"?  Is doing so inappropriate?  I guess I should've said "the amazing father that you are to our daughter and MY OTHER daughter"...  It just makes me so sick!

BethsB
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I read nothing wrong...

i texted my Ex Bf "happy fathers day" we didnt have kids, just dogs. but he was and still is a great dad to them. He even kept them for the weekend while i was out of town.

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM
3 moms liked this
I would. My brother married a woman with two kids, and they went on to have a third together. He claims each and every one of them as his. When he talks about them. He calls them his girls, and how much he loves his girls, and couldn't imagine life without his girls, etc. When my dad married my mom, he got me too. From day one he was my daddy and I his daughter. My mother never would have married him if he didn't claim me. My brother in law married his wife with two kids, and then they had 2 together. Even though dad is still very much in the picture, he states that he has 4 kids. My mother in law says she has 9 grandkids instead of 7, and when my BIL first brought his wife home with the two kids, his grandma called out from the other room "where are my great grandbabies? Bring them here I have presents!!" That's the way it should be.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you all had a child with an ex, and a child with a new SO - would you refer to them as "our girls"?  Is doing so inappropriate?  I guess I should've said "the amazing father that you are to our daughter and MY OTHER daughter"...  It just makes me so sick!

catrig
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Tell them to get over it.

teaspring
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I really, really dislike FB and all the drama using it can cause. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN