Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I did all the work and you still couldn't get it right!?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM
  • 1 Replies

ARGH!!! this time *I* designed daughters docband wrap myself in photoshop complete with specific fonts, colors, everything to make sure it looked like what i envisioned this time! (this is her second band)  it just needed some cleaning up because, obviously, i am not a professional!!  i printed it out.  i hand delivered it to the wrap place.  i offered to email them the fonts but was told it wasn't necessary as the designer has a "font finder."  i would have emailed my working file too.  i did this because the last one, a Doctor Who one, was cute but was absolutely NOT what i asked for to begin with.  but they don't charge, so i couldn't say anything.  and like i said, it was cute.

today i get the new proof... SERIOUSLY???  i did all the work and you still can't get it right???  so i just emailed the fonts and working file to the designer and asked for the changes to be made.  this heaped with lots of praise because overall it looked good, just not right.  and, again, they aren't charging so it isn't really my place to complain to them (that's why i do it here!) and really they have always done a good job as far as overall appearance.  however, they are open to changes so i don't feel bad about asking them to use a different font.

this band is supposed to resemble a Star Trek TNG captain's uniform.  and i figure if i'm going to brand my daughter THIS big of a nerd THIS early in life it might as well be done right lol

this is the one i made (again... i'm obviously NOT a professional graphic designer lol)

and this is the proof i received:

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I like yours MUCH better! Hopefully they will get it right this time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)