Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why are they sleeping in your bed??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I have custody of daughter 50/50.. she Lives with me one week an her dad one week, but for the past 10 months dad has had a bil stay with them, I'm a little weird about that too..apparently the guy that has been staying there, lost his 2 kids bc his wife murdered them? I already feel uneasy about that, an my lawyer says there's nothing I can do about it, bc the bil isn't the murderer..so, now my daughter freaks out bc when she comes to my house the bil is sleeping in her bed, no problem, except its with his new girl friend!!! I believe in helping ppl out who are in need but I think its gone to far now that bil has moved a whole new family into their home, when there isn't enough room as it is..do I have a right to say something to my daughter's dad??
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mamoore83
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

That is weird.  If you guys have can be civil I would tell him that you daughter is freaked out by having them staying in her bed.  He might not do anything or he might have them stay on the floor or something.?

Ps first time I read this I was quick reading and I thought you meant that they were in her bed with her haha oops.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Hahaha!! Sorry, no, no one in her bed while she's in it!! Thank goodness!! We do get along, but what I'm hearing its really putting a strain on my daughter's dad.. I want to bring it to his attention, but don't wanna step on toes

Quoting mamoore83:

That is weird.  If you guys have can be civil I would tell him that you daughter is freaked out by having them staying in her bed.  He might not do anything or he might have them stay on the floor or something.?

Ps first time I read this I was quick reading and I thought you meant that they were in her bed with her haha oops.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not want her there if it were me and if she feels uncomfertable and doesn't like it she has the right to decide.

Marimaru
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I think it's perfectly fine to have a conversation with your daughter's dad tell him that SHE feels uncomfortable with it.

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Maybe it would be easier if your daughter spoke to her Dad first? If that does no good then you could say something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM

yes you do have the right because your child is there and has a problem with it and those kids need to have a stable life and that isnt a stable life in that house.

kerryket
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I would not want to take the kids bed, there would have to be another way.

lacyd75
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Yeah if she is uncomfortable with the situation then maybe you should have a conversation. But about how SHE feels not you. I don't know what your relationship with your ex is like or anything else. But if it comes across as YOU being not comfortable he may not put much thought into it.  But I would mention it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)