Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who knew kids could be so disrespectful

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I threw my son a pretty big party this year for his birthday, he just turned 9. last year we invited his entire class and not one person showed up and it upset me bc we always made sure he went to every party he was invited to! so this year i wanted to make up for it, we spent about 300 dollars on this party, my husband had to work overtime to pay for this!  between all the catering, entertainment for the kids (sporting equitment, pool, water ballons ect) and decorations oh and the goodie bags! we actually did pretty well considering all the stuff we got! well we dont have a huge pool we cant get one, not even an above ground one bc my ground is too uneven and it wont hold one of those really big ones, so i got the biggest one i could possibly get it was about 3 feet, shit, i could sit in this pool and have fun lol!  there were about 3 third graders showed up which is great bc thats mroe than the pervious year! so i spent most of the morning getting ready for the party and totally threw out my back ( i have back issues) and i couldnt help my husband fill up the pool, since we couldnt do it at all that week all it did was rain and didnt think of this until the day of the party to set it up so at least the rain water would have helped a bit, but either way there was no way i could help and there was no way he and my brother could get this pool filled in 3 hours.  so instead we got ALOT of water balloons, about 300 to be exact and i filled up almost every single one, my hands were so numb, so the kids show up, one was his best friend who is a boy and 2 girls, the 2 girls so were mad bc we didnt have a big enough pool for them and acted liuke they wanted to leave! 

they were very stuck up and idk who the hell thinks they can raise kids like that and be proud but my god!  my sons friend was fine they had a grand time playing with the balloons. and his mother was really nice to, but those 2 girls i realized were 2 girls that were making fun of him at school for a whole different situation month ago!  so that was alot of fun, also come to find out (my friends kids were there to) all the kids decided to have a water balloon fight in my kitchen so that was a great mess to clean up, then on top of all that one kid kept throwing frisbees at everyone sitting down and was totally out of control.... the next day alot of my stuff went missing that was in the house that NO ONE should have been in! but it was hard to keep track of everyone when 40 p[eople are there and thier parents are there as well!  needless to say im glad that head ach is over and i will never have a birthday party at my house again!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
calsmom62
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:16 PM
At least you gave it your best shot. Next yr have a family party ir just have ds invite a friend to the movies.
psych_mom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:40 PM

My kids only invite their closest friends. That's all they need and all they care about. No need to spend hundreds of dollars and go all out- they don't care about the extra stuff.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:13 AM

They threw water balloons IN YOUR KITCHEN?? That's awful.

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Oh wow sounds like a huge mess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:39 AM

thank you for the public service announcement.  I appreciate the warning to put the pool full o' water balloons as far from the back door as possible so as to give every adult present ample opportunity to stop the madness before it enters my home.  I have 20 5-6 year olds showing up at my house on Saturday. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)