Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

So, ever since my son turned around nine months, the hubby has been pushing weaning. Well, we have officially started weaning after LO turned a year old. I've cut out his morning feeding and will do that for about a week or two. He now goes around 3hrs in the morning without nursing. We nurse just before we get out of bed, usually around 9:00-10:00. And then do not nurse again until around 12:00-1:00.

What my husband refuses to realize is that weaning takes time! I can't just cut him off from the boob completely. I have tried to explain this but once again, the hubby brought up weaning and I told him that I had started the weaning process. I kinda snapped but I am fed up with EVERYONE around me freaking pushing me to wean. Breastmilk is not gonna hurt him. >.>

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Replies (11-14):
CorCrox
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm right there with you. My husband has been really supportive of bfing, but now that our son is 13mos and I'm pregnant again, he is 'weirded out' by nursing. I have no advice, but I feel your pain.
2ArfarasMom
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Just my opinion -- he has no right to tell you when to wean your child. In fact nobody has the right to tell you hen to wean. My husband was uncomfortable with the idea of breast feeding when we had our youngest child. I told him that was too bad bc I was doing it whether he liked it or not and that I'd do it for as long as I could. And I did. It's a great way to bond, plus it's really good for the baby. My kids are NEVER sick, they've got really good immune systems and I think that's in part bc of breast feeding for so long. I understand him wanting to leave the baby for longer periods but he's going to turn around one day, and his child will be too embarrassed to be seen with mommy and daddy bc they're not cool anymore and he'll wish he could go back to this time, when his LO cried for you guys
frankiesma530
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Well the only people that really matter in this situation is you, baby and hubby.  Why is he pushing to wean?  Anyways, do it  in the way that is right for you and baby and good luck. <3

Marimaru
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:39 PM

My mom's been mentioning it to me whenever she visits.   It's not horribly often, so it doesn't bother me, but I know she's 'putting it out there.'.  Valerie is almost 11 months, and I'll start, like you, when she's a year old.

Snap if you need to.  People can back off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN