Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

my husbands driving me nuts!!!

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:27 PM
  • 14 Replies
My husband and I have been married 9 yrs. We did many things together until the youngest was born..now the baby is around he has a lot of alone time..from going to a bar to going to the movies..by himself I think..not sure and don't care anymore..thing is he keeps neon a tight leash..I have no no money..he keeps me like that..when I ask him he tells me we have no money..but then is able to go out..i know its not a normal relationship anymore..he also tries to keep track of me when I'm out and or asks why or where the gas went when we are on empty..what would anyone do in this situation ?? I kind of know what all's going to say...but im ready for a second ..third..fourth..response am I being silly or even stupid by being with this type of individual ?
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Why don't you schedule a visit with a counselor or your doctor? Sometimes having a new baby can change your hormone levels to an unhealthy level and it can be difficult to cope with normal events, much less stressful times. You can't change your hubby but you can change how you react and deal with his behavior.
AbbeysMom2013
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I would say something has to change. Wouldn't hurt to talk to a counsler. I wouldn't put up being questioned like that all the time. A new baby is stressful enough.
EmilysMom2010
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Fuck talking to a counselor. Tell him it's time to loosen the leash. Speak up. Stand your ground.
Tell him you find it suspicious that he doesn't want to let you do anything alone but he can do whatever he damn well pleases. Tell him he needs to start treating you like a wife.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you a wife or a house slave?  this guy is abusive, immature, needy, selfish, controlling, manipulative, and this is NOT a MAN...its a poor exscuse for a human being...why you seem to think you should stay in that kind of bs, esp with a child is beyond me.  He's basically keeping you prisoner in your own life.  You need to call a women's center and let them know you are being held hostage in your own home, because what you describe, IS exactly that.  This guy is seriously fucking cracked, and your child will grow up to be the asshole he is....Is that what you want?  Grow a damn backbone for your kid and get the hell outta there....and i dont' wanna hear back about how you looooovvveee him....puhleez!!!!

krisben
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:25 AM
The baby is 2.. I can't say I love him anymore I care about him..but love ..? Even my mother doesn't want in the situation . He tells me to go out with the church ladies but I have nothing in common with them...so they can go back and tell their husbands ..I don't think so...the guys I work with see even..thing is I don't have anything!
krisben
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:28 AM
No car no bank account not even a home ...he has put everything in his name..I know it would be a lenghty divorce ..and during the time where would I go? What would I drive ? And where would I live? I have much to think about..its not gonna be easy
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM

He's a control freak. It may have started off very subtle at first and you never saw it until now. Unfortunately these men rarely change. If you think you can work on things then get into counseling, otherwise start making plans to get out.  

eclaudin
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM
If you want respect and to be treated fairly within your relationship, you must DEMAND it. He cannot treat you that way if you do not allow it. Furthermore, if it were me, his little trips to the movies and the bars would be curtailed real quick. Maybe it's time you bought a leash for him, a short one.
rebeccasmly
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:38 PM

It is not normal and I would suggest counseling. If he refuses to go with you, than go alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM

call 1800-799- SAFE

THEY CAN HELP

Quoting krisben:

No car no bank account not even a home ...he has put everything in his name..I know it would be a lenghty divorce ..and during the time where would I go? What would I drive ? And where would I live? I have much to think about..its not gonna be easy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)