Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

Why is it that some women find themselves pregnant and abort when other women would give anything just to get pregnant?!?!?! IT PISSES ME OFF TO NO END! I have two children who were conceived naturally and we have been trying for #3 FOR FIVE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the meanwhile, my teenage sister was blessed with twins and aborted at 17 weeks!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corpswife523
by Krystal on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
3 moms liked this
I have NO idea why someone would abort.. Children are blessings from God. Not mistakes.

This is my opinion.
Qmama206
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Because not everyone values life the way others do. Some see children as expensive, a burden, cramping their lifestyle ect. Honestly motherhood is a gift that God only gives to certain women and sometime a certain amount of times. One thing though every woman I know that has had an abortion thinks about the child they disposed of. I mean EVERY woman I know in one way or another regrets the decision. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM
not my sister. she feels the twins lives were hers to take. she also doesnt believe in God. we grew up in the same household but we are 10 years apart.
Quoting Qmama206:

Because not everyone values life the way others do. Some see children as expensive, a burden, cramping their lifestyle ect. Honestly motherhood is a gift that God only gives to certain women and sometime a certain amount of times. One thing though every woman I know that has had an abortion thinks about the child they disposed of. I mean EVERY woman I know in one way or another regrets the decision. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Doesn't it always happen that way?  In the 70's, I knew a lady that was a waitress where my mom worked.  She had at least 5 abortions, maybe more.  The last abortion almost killed her.  HELLO!  Use birth control people!!!!! Why get pregnant and then abort? Use protection and save yourself all that misery.

By the way, don't give up on trying for #3.  I knew a couple that were married 10 years and they'd been trying and trying to conceive.  They adopted and then the wife found out she was pregnant.  Never say never!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM
3 moms liked this

Why is it that women who already have a couple of children feel like they're being shafted when they're unable to conceive again? My sister has been trying for five years to have her FIRST child. Be thankful for the children you have. And don't concern yourself with the actions of others.

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:29 AM

It's called irony.  Why is it that the infertile condemn women with unintended or unwanted pregnancies want to abort?

Qmama206
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:43 AM

You said that your sister is a teenager. Give her a few years when that maternal instinct kicks in or when she gets pregnant again. It will cross her mind. i always think adoption is a better option it gives the child the most prime opportunity to have a loving family and the opportunity to live a life. Interesting how you stated that she feels like it's up to her to take the lives of her children. What gave her that idea?

Quoting Anonymous:

not my sister. she feels the twins lives were hers to take. she also doesnt believe in God. we grew up in the same household but we are 10 years apart.
Quoting Qmama206:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Twisted justice would be that when she wants to have children, she will be infertile.  

rebeccasmly
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM

It may not always seem fair but it was her choice. I may not agree with it, I may think its unfair especially since I know people who can't have children at all, but I can't condemn her for a choice she made. I do hope you get your heart's desire and have another child though.

kerryket
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I don't know, I guess people have different needs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN