Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I HATE IT WHEN MEN GET THEIR PERIODS!!!!!!!!!!! (kinda long, but GRR!!!) >:( UPDATE!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It started yesterday.
My in-laws wanted to take me, hubby and DD to breakfast and pay for it. Hey, cool.
Immediately after breakfast, we planned on going to a friends' daughter's bday party. My daughter's getting to a point where we don't "need" a diaper bag, so I've been keeping an extra outfit, a few diapers and small baggie of wipes in my purse. Way easier to carry around than that giant diaper bag which, frankly, we don't truly need anymore.

Hubby flipped out about my purse. ''HOW CAN YOU FIT ANYTHING IN THERE?! YOU SAY YOU HAVE ALL YOU NEED FOR HER IN THERE??? LIES!!!!!" 0_o
Um....ok, dude, chill.

"OH, OKAY. So you have diapers?"
"Yes."
"Extra clothes??"
"Yes."
"Wipes?????????"
"Yes."

My purse expands, you dolt.
So he asks about sunscreen. Even though it would be supplied at the kid's party, he flipped out when I said no.
All throughout breakfast, in front of the in-laws and everything, he kept snapping at me. How dare I forget sunscreen? I must be stupid. No mother on earth forgets anything when it comes to their child, I am DEFINITELY the only one. And now, because of me, we have to go back home to get stuff instead of driving straight to the party.
My MIL snapped "If you remember, you're going back to help ME get my old air conditioner out. So I'M the reason you have to go back home. Any problems?" Hubby left the "detour" crap alone, but everything else, he kept right on with.
He kept this up the ENTIRE meal. And I do mean nonstop.

The whole time my FIL was giving him seriously angry side looks, my MIL kept shifting around in her seat and mouthing "What the hell??" to me. I kept quiet- let HIM look like the idiot. I am NOT getting into an argument at a restaurant, in front of my daughter and in laws. Yeah, no.

My hubby got up to use the bathroom and the very second he was out of earshot, my FIL says "So....yeah....has he been acting stupid all morning, or did he save it for us?!" I said no, all morning.
My MIL said even after having her 5th kid, she forgot stuff from time to time. I was definitely NOT the "only one".

It was easily one of the worst outings ever. Fantastic. =/

Party went great, had a good night. I thought it was the end of his nonsense. Nope, wrong.

This morning he ewakes up in an immediate shitty mood. "WHY IS THERE NO TOWEL IN THE FUCKING BAHTROOM?!" Uh....go into the towel cabinet literally right outside the bathroom door and get one....it happens.
Then he went to get dressed for work. I knew it was going to be hell.
For the party, he wanted to wear jeans. I pulled out a pair of his jeans, and he immediately freaks the fuck OUT. "WHAT?! OMG NO!!!! THEY'RE FUCKING WRINKLED!!!!!!!" He had like 10 pairs of jeans, he insisted all were "FUCKING wrinkled". No, they were not.
THEY WERE NOT WRINKLED. Idk wtf he was looking at.
He insisted then on wearing his last clean pair of work pants instead- this after he throws his pants all over the bedroom and tells me how fucking stupid I am for not "keeping up on laundry". (guess doing a load every day isn't good enough, huh.)

So of course today he flips his shit cause he has no clean pants for work. I told him not to get mad at me for his own stupid choice.
He goes and KICKS THE BATHROOM DOOR. wtf?!
Then he comes back, gets nose-to-nose with me, and starts shouting in my face. Instead of screaming back- which I know he was looking for- or breaking his fucking face (which I WANTED to do), I turned my head and just laughed. Laughed.
I said "Maaaaaaan, get out of here with that nonsense."
THAT pissed him off more than you could imagine. I stayed civil.

So time for him to leave for work. At this point our daughter is asking him why he's mad at mommy, does he still want to kiss her before leaving? :(
He says of course, gives her a hug and a kiss. I ask if I may hug and kiss him before work.
I am a firm believer that you should ALWAYS tell your loved ones you love them before going somewhere, even if you just got into a horrible argument. You just NEVER KNOW what can happen. Do you want your last words to your spouse to be "you're fucking stupid" or something?! No.

He looked at me and said "Ugh. Why."
Fine. Nevermind.

Yeah, he can stay late at work tonight.
-------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!!!!!

Alright, hubby just called from work out of nowhere, and before I even finished saying "hello", he started apologizing PROFUSELY. He said "I'm so, so, so sorry, babe. SO sorry. I was wrong. I'm so so sorry."
Turns out, the "higher-ups" in his company were making visits to all local stores, and he was stressing out a little.
He said there is no excuse for how he acted.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmomat22
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM

wow men can be asses. Maybe their is something more going on with him sounds to me like he needs anger management. JMO though good luck mama. 

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck *hugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I've approached that topic before, and he didn't flip out. when he's coherent he agrees he needs to deal with anger better. Especially when it comes to what I really believe to be small things. Pick your battles- I will never get pissed about PANTS. lol.
I'm going to ask him tonight if there's something he'd like to talk about. I get the feeling he's mad because he never "gets a day off", which is something he said this morning. I sympathized until he started freaking out on me, saying I demand we go out everytime he has a day off.
I certainly do not.

Quoting newmomat22:

wow men can be asses. Maybe their is something more going on with him sounds to me like he needs anger management. JMO though good luck mama. 

LuvMyZBoy
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I'm glad to hear he apologized, but don't just push this totally off to the side. If he's starting to get physical with your stuff and your place, that's a red flag. He's right, there isn't an excuse, so what is his plan for next time things are rough at work and he wants to boil over? It's okay to get frustrated, angry, etc, it's not okay to make the people you love the target for all of those feelings. You might want to check out the book "Angry Men and the Women Who Love Them." Just a thought from a mom/wife who cares!

newmomat22
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM

good luck mama *hugs* . Not getting a day off will upset anyone but to this extent. If he doesn't want to talk or says their is nothing to talk about just let him know that your there for him if their ever is. It sounds like to me it is something deeper going on. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I've approached that topic before, and he didn't flip out. when he's coherent he agrees he needs to deal with anger better. Especially when it comes to what I really believe to be small things. Pick your battles- I will never get pissed about PANTS. lol.
I'm going to ask him tonight if there's something he'd like to talk about. I get the feeling he's mad because he never "gets a day off", which is something he said this morning. I sympathized until he started freaking out on me, saying I demand we go out everytime he has a day off.
I certainly do not.

Quoting newmomat22:

csxt99
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I would NEVER wash another fucking thing for him, no cooking for him, and for damned sure, no nookie!  He could go fuck himself after treating me like that.  At least his parents kept the blame on him, where it belonged, instead of finding some way to blame you for his pissy fit.

anotherhalf
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM

As long as it isn't a pattern of ass - apologize - ass - apologize, I'd be understanding. Of course he could never do it again, but I wouldn't punish him too badly this time.

catrig
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I'm glad he realized what an ass he was being.

LuvMyZBoy
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM

How are you? Did you guys get a chance to talk thru any of this?

Marcithia
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:27 PM

That's the secret to a healthy marriage, whenever you're right, shut up... Lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)