Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Would you be ticked off?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:28 PM
  • 27 Replies

Let me start by saying we live in Northern Arizona. If you want nice green grass you have to plant it. You have to water at certain time of the day in order to keep your grass from burning up due to the Desert Heat.

We recently( last summer) put up a privacy fence in our back yard so our neighbors couldn't stare at our family in the jacuzzi we bought.

The line string on the pic is where we put fence line due to property line issues with the neighbors being upset about us putting in the fence. So we put the wooden fence more on our property and left their fence as is.

Any way this is what it looked like last year. Now, the grass line has receded Quite a bit! What we believe is happening is that our neighbors have been spraying weed killer.

We can't prove it!

Thinking about adjusting our surveillance cams  to catch if they are.

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:44 PM

gee. I'm sorry your have nasty neighbors

Corinnesingh
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Well I think the cameras are a good idea, just to be sure...u don't want to accuse before u r sure

Litlmama87
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Could it possibly be caused by trauma to the area?

Forgive my ignorance, I'm no Martha Stewart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I wouldn't just assume its the neighbors. The ground may need to recover from the fence being out in. But if they are doing something, I would be very pissed.

WonderWoman22
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM

The grass isn't receded on the back  ally side and over by our shed. Only in the part of the our yard that connects to the neighbors property.

Quoting Litlmama87:

Could it possibly be caused by trauma to the area?

Forgive my ignorance, I'm no Martha Stewart.

luvmyUSMCvet
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in Arizona as well, and I love to see the peoples houses with green grass. However, I would not just assume it is your neighbors. I especially would not waste my time trying to prove it. Even if they are spraying something what are you going to do with the information. You dont want to feud with neighbors just ignore them but that is my opinion. 

WonderWoman22
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:05 PM

The grass is only receded in the part of the yard that connects to our neighbors and they have a fenced in yard. On the back ally side and over by the shed has not receded.

The grass that was on there side of the fence is completely gone.  One can't be for sure that it is them but, its seems to be only obvious!

I know one thing my husband is really mad about it!

Quoting rebeccasmly:

I wouldn't just assume its the neighbors. The ground may need to recover from the fence being out in. But if they are doing something, I would be very pissed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Because it such a small patch area for greenery I would xeriscape landscape it. It would save water usage; no mowing/weed whacking and less headache with the neighbor. =]
WonderWoman22
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM

The grass is only receded in the part of the yard that connects to our neighbors and they have a fenced in yard. On the back ally side and over by the shed has not receded.

The grass that was on there side of the fence is completely gone.  One can't be for sure that it is them but, its seems to be only obvious!

Well def' not going to feud with them again. LIFE IS TOO SHORT!

Seriously if we do catch 'em. We may hold them liable.

Where at in Arizona?

Quoting luvmyUSMCvet:

I live in Arizona as well, and I love to see the peoples houses with green grass. However, I would not just assume it is your neighbors. I especially would not waste my time trying to prove it. Even if they are spraying something what are you going to do with the information. You dont want to feud with neighbors just ignore them but that is my opinion. 

rebeccasmly
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

That does seem suspicious.

Another reason I am so glad to be in the country. Hopefully you all can get your grass going back. I know its not easy at all in AZ.

Quoting WonderWoman22:

Quoting rebeccasmly:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)