Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

OMGAAAH!!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 22 Replies

Hello ladies!! I'm pretty new, so let me start this off on a good foot. 

I love my family. I love my children. They are the reason I breathe, and they are everything to me, no doubt about it.

I just need to VENT!!!!!!!

I have 3 kids: Twin boys, Donald and Mitchell who will be 2 in August, and Kaitlyn who is 5.

The boys are what I can only describe as a little...um..."emotionally immature". They haven't quite learned to communicate yet. They say a few words, and I think they understand what you are saying the majority of the time. But lately, it has become increasingly frustrating for them (and me!) that they cannot communicate what they want. They still scream and grunt for things, even though I try giving them words to replace the grunts!! I guess they just don't want to deal with learning it. And if I don't understand what the grunt means, all holy hell is going to break loose!! I will admit that I think they ARE spoiled. It is OUR fault. It's just been easier with the 2 of them (up until this point) to give them what I know it is they want. But now their demands are more specific. (The other night, one of the twins was actually freaking out about wanting parmesan, YES PARMESAN on his spaghetti!! I only figured it out because I was putting it on mine and just decided to try giving him some in hopes that we would shut up!!LOL)  .I don't know what to do about these double trouble tantrums. I feel that as their communication gets better, so will the tantrums. Until then....I'll be here....GOING. FREAKING. CRAZY.

LOL

I feel a little better, thanks for listening! 

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BunnyFlick
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Just be patient. It's called the terrible twos for a reason! You clearly love them so I wouldn't worry, they will learn in time! X

wickedstepjenn
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this
It sounds normal. All I can suggest is when you figure out what they want tell them what the thing is. Try making it seem fun. I think I've said "use your words" a billion times lol. I still have to with my step kids and they are 10/12 they have some speech and learning difficulties.
It is fustrating. It WILL get better :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this
My friend had the same problem with her two year old, she got her a speech theropist. Maybe that will help. Hope it gets better. And always be patient. :)
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm going through a terrible two stage right now. Hang in there. Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saydar
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Hang in there. Terrible twos can be terrible, right? My 2 year old cried for nearly an hour last night because I didn't stop to put gas in the car on the way home. Uhg!

heretolisten
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:06 AM

It's oh so fun isnt' it?  I'm in the thick of it.  I didn't think it could get worse, but apparently it does....BTDT moms keep telling me things calm down around 3.5  LOL  YAY!   *cringe*  ;) 

daisytripping
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM
2 moms liked this

My sister (who has way more patience than me) taught her kids a kind of sign language. From the time they were very very young she would make a gesture and say a word, like rub her tummy and say hungry or eat. The kids picked it up easily and it helped them communicate until their language skills filled in. Good luck and remember---This too shall pass!

rebeccasmly
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I imagine a lot of it is their age. It does take time though. DO they have an adjusted age? I'm asking since a lot of twins are born early. That could delay the communiation skills. Have you tried sign language with them until they learn those vocal skills?

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

My yougest, who is now 5, was slow with his speech. I started to ask him to show me what he was asking about. It helped us out a LOT!

valhallaarwen
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Here's the thing, your boys have cooties.  Accept it. Seriously, I have noticed that the girls in my family (starting in 1999) are smarter, quicker, better, the boys are caveman, and cling to momma or grandma.  The twins must be going to terrible twos before two, but don't worry.  It will get better. If I were you, I would videotape this and save it for later... for blackmail. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)