Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

zimmerman trial. rachel gentel. the witness demeanor vs statment

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 16 Replies
The defense is beating up on this girl. In my opinion . She is not a liar. She seems not very articulate but sincere. I dont think her education is important. But her purpose in this trial is to reveal martins last remarks before the confrontation. Obviously he told her he was being followed. Gz even admitted to the 911 dispatcher he was following him. Martin sayed a creepy ass cracker was following him. Cracker is a racial slur. But he let her know the viibe he was getting from gz. What are your thoughts?
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilbit53009
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM

i'm at work, so i can't watch the trial unfortunately. but i keep seeing these post about how Trayvon calling him a cracker should change everything.

i don't see how it changes anything. people are allowed to call refer to each other as racial slurts (the 1st amendment protects that...even if it is wrong)

however people are not allowed to stalk and kill unarmed people...racist or not

CharmMom1216
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Forgive me for the typos and misspelled words. Im on my phone with my newborn in my other arm.
godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I'm going to watch it now.

CharmMom1216
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM
He didnt say it to gz. He was telling the girl that. I thinks thats difference. But the defense is trying to say that proves martin made it racial. But martin even ran away trying to avoid gz. According to rachel. Thats what martin said to her. But gz had to continue to follow him because martin was near his fathers home where his body was found. So how did gz get from the mail box to near martin fathers house?

Quoting lilbit53009:

i'm at work, so i can't watch the trial unfortunately. but i keep seeing these post about how Trayvon calling him a cracker should change everything.

i don't see how it changes anything. people are allowed to call refer to each other as racial slurts (the 1st amendment protects that...even if it is wrong)

CharmMom1216
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Bump
IWantOneMorePlz
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:14 PM

So what if GZ was called a cracker?  Trayvonn Martin was not following George Zimmerman, Zimmerman was following Trayvonn.  Even after he was told by the 911 operator to stop.  He may have been in trouble, but at THAT MOMENT, he was a kid drinking iced tea and eating skittles while talking to someone on the phone.  He did not deserve this.

lilbit53009
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM

i know the girl was saying he said it, and i agree it makes all the difference. calling someone a racial slur to someone else doesn't equal wanting to kill them

i hope the jury sees thru the defense...i wish i could watch it.

Quoting CharmMom1216:

He didnt say it to gz. He was telling the girl that. I thinks thats difference. But the defense is trying to say that proves martin made it racial. But martin even ran away trying to avoid gz. According to rachel. Thats what martin said to her. But gz had to continue to follow him because martin was near his fathers home where his body was found. So how did gz get from the mail box to near martin fathers house?

Quoting lilbit53009:

Caera
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

She's a disgusting pig who can't keep her lies straight.

CharmMom1216
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM
n u look like a model

Quoting Caera:

She's a disgusting pig who can't keep her lies straight.

texassahm
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I agree that the jury should only take her testimony and not her demeanor - but the jury was selected from the general public and here we all are, the general public being affected by her demeanor.  This girl's dramatics overpowered her testimony - No one hears everything she said, because her behavior was so disrespectful and obnoxious.  She did a disservice to her friend/boyfriend by not just showing basic respect for the process.  If SHE came off as hostile and as if she was bothered by even being there - the victim's friend - then what is the jury to think about the victim and his part in all of this.  The victim's own friend could care less and was actually acting annoyed about being there to supposedly support her friend - her behavior tells the jury that there is a possibility that the witness really does think that TM played a key role in his own death.

The general public jumps to conclusions based on witness testimony and demeanor - the jury IS the general public, not professionals, so they likely had the same reaction we all did, to her testimony.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN