Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a nagging wife???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

I make sure you have a homecooked meal when you come home everyday, I make sure OUR daughter gets at least an hour of outside time, I try and make sure the house doesn't look like a friggin tornado ran through it(although w/a 3yr old that's almost impossible)...among other things (yes, I understand how difficult it is to drive around town all day long, carrying Ks of lbs of crap, etc & all u wanna do is relax when you get home)...and YOU'RE the only one making a freaking sacrifice because you want to watch a little TV rather than play with OUR daughter (I can always read a book, he says...which I love to do but I mean sometimes I wanna veg in front of the damn boob tube too!!!)????  Who the hell's supposed to watch her/pay attention to her while we BOTH just veg?  I guess, again, that's all up to me since I don't have an actual job...I'm just the stay at home mommy....and if I mention anything about it, or get pissed off while taking her to her room so that we can play while you're busy being a blob, I'm a NAG....WTH?!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:52 PM
3 moms liked this

id stop having home cooked meals ready  when he comes home  and tell him "oops sorry i was taking care of our dd and then i was reading the stove is right there but now i have to go pay attention to OUR child " and walk away 

also  id let him know the next time he got frisky  im sorry im tired  and im reading to relax you can go watch some tv if you like but im too tier tonight 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM

yeah, tried doing nothing as well...what does he say "what do you do all day?"  damned if I do & damned if I don't

Acid
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry. 

It sounds like you married one of those 'I work outside of the house so I don't have to do anything but eat, sleep, fuck and watch T.V. when I get home' kinda guys.

Luckily, I don't have this problem. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

it gets worse in the summer, when he puts on the tv & then sits in front of the computer (with his back turned to the tv!!!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:00 PM

and let me guess you gave in and went back to doing what you do all day 

next on his next day off tell him you have to run errands etc or you are takign a day for you .. and leave home home with kid   and if he throws a fit  abotu it go stay with a friend or familly till he relizes whats he has 

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, tried doing nothing as well...what does he say "what do you do all day?"  damned if I do & damned if I don't

Looking4Truth
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Why don't you do what I did - I took a weekend off and left my hubby in complete charge of everything!  He learned the hard way just how much work I really did do, and he gained a whole new appreciation for me and for how much work goes into keeping everything together & up and running.  If you can't do the weekend thing, maybe you could just take a Saturday off!  Leave really early in the morning and spend the day with your best friend, or just spend the day sitting on a bench at the park, reading a book you've been wanting to read.  Make sure to take a lunch with you, or at least enough money to be able to get yourself some lunch, and then don't come back until later in the evening.....AFTER dinner time!!  Doing this just might wake your hubby up enough that he'll start helping you out more.  It's worth a try anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:16 PM

@ anonymous...yes, I did. It was a low blow to my self-esteem.  It made me feel like a lazy bum when nothing was being done...

@looking4truth:  I've actually tried doing this before(I locked myself up & scrapbooked...or read...or journaled...not the whole day cuz he'll just call it a movie day).  It works for a while & then he forgets...and then we're back to square 1. 

@ acid: I've even taken to staying up later & doing things on the pc or reading or crafting out here & coming to bed VERY late so that all he'll do is just sleep...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:16 PM

what can I say? My husband...is an ass  lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:30 PM
2 moms liked this
You sound like a nagging wife. Kids don't have to be watched 24/7.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I'm not saying they have to be watched 24/7....I'm just sayin "don't just sit them in front of the TV the whole god damned day."  For heaven sakes, let them play in their room...blocks something...they don't need to be a bump on a log 24/7. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)