Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Must we watch this same episode AGAIN??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

I love my husband, but OMG, he's totally hooked on Pawn Stars and shows like that and will watch the same freaking episode over and over and over again!

Last night was this one where they had a trivia contest at a bar and we've already seen that episode five times at least since it first aired but he STILL put it on there again.

I swear it's worse than when the kids were hooked on Dora!

Does your SO do this with shows, too?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:41 PM

No thank goodness.  But my son (9) will do that with any series he likes.

catrig
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Take turns picking shows to watch together.

JTE11
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM

No, but he is always watching something. We just got Netflix and he will get into a series and every night we have to watch nothing but that show until he's exhausted them all and gotten to the end. There are certain movies he will always put on, even though we've seen them a thousand times, like Bond movies. At that point I just get up and leave because I can't stand them. He likes car chases, guns shooting, war, lots of loud, stupid guy stuff, lol. I can't even be in the room with that.

psych_mom
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Thankfully my husband does not do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3boys85
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM

my husband will cycle through shows after we haven't seen it awhile, he will watch it, If I don't want to watch it, I ask him to change it or just come online or play with the kids.

craftoholic925
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I'm so glad we don't have Netflix. I know we'd all be addicted to it. Lol my husband is addicted to John Wayne movies though....which is chalked full of everything you just mentioned (not too sure about car chases though). Unless my daughter is awake, I head to the other room n put on a sappy, girly movie lol

Quoting JTE11:

No, but he is always watching something. We just got Netflix and he will get into a series and every night we have to watch nothing but that show until he's exhausted them all and gotten to the end. There are certain movies he will always put on, even though we've seen them a thousand times, like Bond movies. At that point I just get up and leave because I can't stand them. He likes car chases, guns shooting, war, lots of loud, stupid guy stuff, lol. I can't even be in the room with that.

craftoholic925
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:42 PM
@ op....he does that with antiques road show as well...which is kinda cool imo....but after the 3rd time in a row? Not so much...
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I am single, but my kids will, but thats why they have a tv and the pvr in their room to watch. lol

JTE11
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Oh my, John Wayne! I'd leave the room, too. And you know, I think I'm overdue for some girl movie sappiness of my own, lol. I haven't seen anythign like that in a long time so thanks for the reminder! Hope it gets better for you at your house. :)

Quoting craftoholic925:

I'm so glad we don't have Netflix. I know we'd all be addicted to it. Lol my husband is addicted to John Wayne movies though....which is chalked full of everything you just mentioned (not too sure about car chases though). Unless my daughter is awake, I head to the other room n put on a sappy, girly movie lol

Quoting JTE11:

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:02 AM
I'm the one who does it to him (and the kids when I'm tired of watching cartoons). I watch The Hobbit, The Kings Speech, The Avengers and Iron Man over and over. When dh comes home he begs me me to pick another movie lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)