Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I feel like I'm loosing my marriage

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ladies,
I don't know what to do anymore and I really need a word of advice. The problem is that it seems that my husband is just tired of me and my issues.

He runs a podcast with his group of friends ( they are 5 and single). And, I feel that he is spending to much time with them and not enough time with his family. I have tried to tell him and every time he just flips out.... " they are my friends " and blah blah blah. He just guilts me and I end up just going with it. I might be exaggerating with my complaints but I really don't think so and for that I'm going to therapy. But, yesterday night it got worst and he ended up givinge a kind of ultimatum and I can really seem that his podcast is more important that we are. And, I can't forgive him from what he said because he really made it clear and I don't know if it was intentionally. I just don't want to give up 11 years of marriage for that. But, I really don't know that I could take it any longer. I just think that he was not ready to be a family man. He is 28 I'm 26 and we have 2 daughters one is 6 and other 5
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Hiedra
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM
And I need to add something his podcast is 1 time a week it runs from 6 pm -12 am. And, the times he goes out with his friends out of that is a whole day think that he usually ends up coming back around 1 am
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Im not sure if I understand. His pod cast is once a week, so once a week he hangs out with his friends and it upsets you that he isnt spending that time with you. Or is his podcast once aweek and he spends all week with his friends planning it out?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:32 PM

The problem is he should be hanging out with married men.

Hiedra
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM
His podcast is once a week but during the week he has at least two outings with this people but this outings are not just a couple of hours many of it are all day. And, when I want to go out with the family sometimes he is to tired or any other excuse . Is just that I think his friends see him as being single and sometimes I think he feels the same way. Like last week after work he had karaoke with them after work on Wednesday and on Thursday we could not do really anything because he has a meeting with his friends and this Sunday he has to record. I sometimes thing that I have to work around his schedule and now he might even plan a Vegas trip for the podcast.
psych_mom
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I think if you can both get on the same page you guys could work through these problems, but you'd both have to be willing to compromise and he'd have to realize his family comes first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Well, that must really hurt to feel unloved and disrespected. And I'm getting the feeling he is unwilling to compromise. It seems that you guys got married super young and maybe now he is wanting to live the single life?

Hiedra
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM
I tell him to be patient with me and I know that I have my own issues and I'm going to get help . I just telling him to organize his time better but his compromise is a guilting compromise. " I won't hang out with my friends and ill tell them that if I can't go out and I'll only record and have no social life." I don't want that because I know that he is not happy and those words ate just to guilt me. I really just need that he is balancing time equally and not a prisoner .

Quoting psych_mom:

I think if you can both get on the same page you guys could work through these problems, but you'd both have to be willing to compromise and he'd have to realize his family comes first.

Hiedra
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:45 PM
It really hurst alot and sometimes I just want to give up. I don't know why he got married if he didn't feel ready . I know I got pregnant at 19 but we could just have a great relationship as CO parents without the responsibility if marriage. Sometimes I feel so alone :(

Quoting Lindalou907:

Well, that must really hurt to feel unloved and disrespected. And I'm getting the feeling he is unwilling to compromise. It seems that you guys got married super young and maybe now he is wanting to live the single life?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN