Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I'll be sitting here with my rifle you little ******** PICS INCLUDED!

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM
  • 16 Replies

Let me preface this by saying each house on either side of us is foreclosed or for rent. None are dilapidated (including ours) but they have a big ass FOR RENT sign or foreclosure taped to the front door.

The ones to our left, right, diagonally to the right, behind us are all foreclosed.

The house across the street to our front rented out YESTERDAY. They just moved in.

I park my car under our front yard tree, for shade purposes, since its 100+ degrees here. Its 10 feet from our front door.

Its not a magnificent house or anything but its my BIL's house, he rents it to us cheap in exchange for us doing minor labor repairs (he supplies the materials for bigger stuff) and its on a nice lot in a nice area for the most part.

Yesterday I found a 9-10 year old kid throwing pebbles off the side of our house, trying to get them to bounce into our pool. He thought no one was home because I let SO take my car to school in Nashville, about 70 miles away and I stayed behind today (usually I go with, since its my car)

I scared him off, he ran to a house a few blocks away. No big deal, he got the hint someone lives here.

Well... fell asleep at like midnight and went to bed. Can't hear anything from inside the bedroom because of the air conditioner. Got up at 4 let puppy out to potty, went back to bed.

Just walked out an hour ago (at 1 pm CST) while SO was putting the dogs in the car to go to the vet. I said hey.. the car was broken into.

'No its not' (Puts the second dog in the car)

Yes it is! Look!

'No its not the glove box just popped open'

'Joshua LOOK! Theres glass all over the seat!'

After a few seconds he realized the drivers seat was COVERED in glass and the window was GONE.

Called 911, put the dogs in the house and cancelled their appointments.

Cop said it was probably some neighborhood hoodlums probably just messing around.

Called SO's uncle (lives near by and is a mechanic) and he said its probably some assholes who broke in and got scared off when a cop or someone drove by.

So GREAT. I had to pay 300$ last week emergency for my dog to go to the vet, she was horribly sick. That was the last of my savings, as I've blown through 3k in 8 months (my savings, and yes for someone on disability that is substantial) due to medical bill copays via the emergency room for myself (I am looking at getting a feeding tube put in, its severe)

I get paid ONCE a month, on the third.  So now I need to come up with the minimum 250$ deductible or find a window at a junk yard, because some fucking assholes wanted to have some fun with MY car at the only house that doesnt appear uninhabited.

I could SCREAM. I was looking to move out anyways.. just saving my pennies to get the hell out of this place.  My car accident settlement is due august 5, and it will be enough to buy a NEW car, plus move, plus pay off medical bills. Not much, but enough to make up for what I've lost in the last three years.

I am going to be sitting on my porch with a rifle tonight. Or better yet on the couch in the living room (which is literally 3 feet from the porch, but you cant see that) with the damn gun.

Try me little fuckers. TRY ME.

Oh please dont mind the garbage.. we dont have public garbage service, we have to take it to the dump which was on the way to the vet.

It appears they ripped open those bags and rifled through the car, but didnt take ANYTHING.

(oh and yes, I realize my car is old and not perfect...but it runs, its cheap to insure, I paid cash years ago and it gets 40mpg)

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LClark1973
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM

You seem to have the same luck we do. Just when your stretched tight to the snapping point it all breaks and goes to hell.

Jambo4
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I'm so sorry.  That would have me fuming until I was literally sick to my stomach.  

psych_mom
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Hugs. So sorry for all your already going through and then to have this happen...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3boys85
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, the first thing that came to my mind is I wouldn't be surprised if your neighborhood punk kid that threw the pebbles didn't  run back to their house and tell how you scared him  off and maybe someone came back and took it out on your car?. That would be my thought If it had happened to my house and it was me. Still sucks and hope you can get out of that neighborhood soon enough, what a crummy thing to do someone. 

kerryket
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:17 PM
What a pain, i hope does not happen again.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Oh yikes! *hugs*

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM

This is one reason I am so glad I dont rent anymore.

You get a good neighborhood, someone moves out and you never know what type of people will move in next.

Good luck getting the window replaced. I would go to the junk yard, myself.

gavansmommy
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:39 PM

yikes, sorry :(

thefiregoddess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I think it was.
I hate to say it this way but they are the only African American family around and this litle kid was black.

Their entire family, including extended live about three blocks over and constantly the police are over there for them.
I had assumed it was racial profiling (we are in the south) but it appears they have extensive rap sheets and 3 of the brothers were wanted for burglary, grand theft and domestic assault. (I saw their posters on the wanted board at the station and the cop asked if I knew them)

I mean I just came outside and he ran off. I didn't say anything or threaten him. Just walked out to see what the noise was.

We have a house security system. . But ugh.
I'm even more worried :(

We did find a local u pick place that has my car window. . For 26 $ if we pull it ourselves.

SOs uncle was a mechanic. . He's going to come with us tomorrow to see if he can get it off and replace it instead.

I'm just so pissed!

Quoting momto3boys85:

I'm sorry to hear that, the first thing that came to my mind is I wouldn't be surprised if your neighborhood punk kid that threw the pebbles didn't  run back to their house and tell how you scared him  off and maybe someone came back and took it out on your car?. That would be my thought If it had happened to my house and it was me. Still sucks and hope you can get out of that neighborhood soon enough, what a crummy thing to do someone. 

apollothor
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Are you able to fill out a request at the police station for extra patrols on your street? After my dad died my house was robbed 8 times in 1-1/2 years. The problem with firing a rifle is if you shoot into the street and you hit possibly and innocent person, or jeopardize the safety of others, or hit a minor you will end up in jail. If you shoot the bullet could go through the wall and into a neighbor's house and you could shoot someone innocent. Can you get motion lights put up? Can you get a recording - tape or digital security system?  This can cost money to set up but it might save you from robbery.  You are in a frightening situation. If someone breaks into your house could you shoot them as long as the rifle is legal in your state?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN